Odyssea

marinfire1

wondering how well made and how well Odyssea products work? anyone have any of there stuff if so how is it? any problems?

scubaguy

I have a Mh 36 " made by Odyssea and it works great. Also have a 12" Refrigium with skimmer it has my Nitrates down to 0
So all I can say they are working great for me. Hope this helps.

reefforbrains

I think the fixtures are fine and they have moved up to quality ballasts and thier fans are alot quieter than in the past.
I think thier bulbs and the cheasy crinkle dimpled reflectors are poop on thier MH. but swap those out and the rest is quite good for the price now.

05xrunner

i have the 48" 760 mh light
its a very nice light. I replaced the bulbs and the ballast to the Coralvue 250w eballast
still 300bucks cheaper then same light by coralife.
the stock ballast are pretty crappy as they really are only running 60% and pushing around 170w. Wich makes any bulb you put it not look how it should. the stock bulbs look like pee with stock ballast and with a good ballast its a true 10k pure white.
they have the option i think to not get the ballast with the unit and its like $40 less. If I woulda known that I would have did that and got the coralvue from the start..Even though it s a good light and a really good platform to build on. Even after its all done still saved yourself a decent amount of coin and helped to spread the cost out over a time frame.
Reefforbrains. mine is not the dimple reflectors? where did you see that. mine are the smooth mirror type

peckhead

got a 760w 48" on the way here...should be this week. well see. hopefully i will be one of the people that are tottally happy...

peckhead

i have heard the newest models have really stepped up, and they use all the same parts as teh coralife...

pbienkiewi

I have the Odyssea 48in 520 watts, 4 130 watt Pc's. I love them. One ballast blew after 1.5 years. Simple and easy to replace. I found a couple of web sites that have replacement bulbs. One site has them for $22 and the other web site has them for $48.
My corals and clams are doing awsome.

pbienkiewi

but my 36in 20K 175watt MH and 24in Pc unit I don't like. The ballast blew on my Pc's. The wire configuration is a 8 and 2 wire set up. I haave found a replacement ballast but it is to long and tall. So I have not ben able to run the Pc's for a while now.

05xrunner

there is a 80page reefcentral thread about it. thats the thread that pushed me into buying it. We got tons of info there about it. Its a good light