# of Tangs in a 90 gal???????/

sultan

I have a Yellow Tang and was thinking about adding another variety of Tang. I know that Zebrsoma variety Tangs are not compatable but there are many other varieties of Tangs that seem cool. Any advise?

T

thomas712

In my opinion the one yellow tang is enough, and the right kind of tang for a 4 foot tank, about the only one that I would choose.
The only way I would do any other kind of tang is if I they were young to start out with and I was going to be responsible enough to take them back when they grow to large.
Thomas

O

osufarker

Kole Tangs are about the only good choice for a 4 foot tank.

aaron1983

orange shoulder tangs are beautiful. They change colors from young to adult. Very neat thing to watch. 90 gallon tank is a bit small for this fish but with a little extra care it could do well.

diablo

i have blue hippo and a yellow in a 90 gal but i am upgrading to a 210 soon. but as long as you keep in a 90 gal. i would get a smaller blue hippo and keep him for about a year or more then he will be to big for the tank :joy:

alextrif

Hey Diablo - nice looking tank. What lighting do you have. It looks like you have a Xenia at the bottom. Are you using MH?

A

andretti

Tangs need a lot of swimming room. When they are small it's hard to believe they get as big as they do. For a 90, I would go with either a yellow or a hippo

ophiura

Answer this question:
When are you getting a larger tank? If you have solid plans and are budgeting for a larger tank that is one thing. If this is your last tank for the forseeable future, than I think it is not the best idea for your fish to add another. If you insist on it, the only one I would consider would be a Kole (aka yellow eye) tang.
I am assuming this is a standard 4' 90g tank and not a corner or something.

T

tizzo

I have a yellow in my 90 and although I'd LOVE to add another tang, I don't think it is the responsible choice. So I want a bigger tank!! But for now, it is my opinion that 1 tang is plenty for a 90- gallon.
I guess I'm gonna back Thomas on this one...

diablo

Originally Posted by alextrif
Hey Diablo - nice looking tank. What lighting do you have. It looks like you have a Xenia at the bottom. Are you using MH?
yes 2 250 10k mh's and 280 watt pc atenic. and yes that is xenia by the clam it is growing way to fast one little start and now there is 7 stalks. :joy: