Off topic....

nm reef

...not aquarium related photos but since so many of us are getting into photography as a result of the hobby I thought a thread with other examples of our work would be appropiate. So if you have some non-aquarium related photos post 'em...lets see what ya got...
I'll start with flowers from my yard and around the neighborhood...

stephanied

Beautiful photos!!!! I love the flowers.
Lionfish1, where were your vacation photos taken? I noticed a cruise ship in one of them. We love cruising, and have been to several Caribbean islands. Our favorite was snorkeling in Grand Cayman.

stephanied

A few more. You can probably tell we like photos of coastlines.

The first one is Costa Maya, and the other 2 are of Disney's Island.

lionfish1

Yes it was while we were on a cruise, and if I was sober for more than an hour while on the cruise maybe I could remember what island it was LOL.

nm reef

Very nice landscape & scenery photos....see there is more to our photography aspect of the hobby than just aquarium related photos...below are a couple of landscapes that I liked from a recent road trip to Arizona...

dragonzim

OK, I'll bite. Here are 3 pics that I took in Italy about 3 years ago. The first is a building in the Boboli Gardens in Florence. This was basically the backyard of a palace that the Medici family built. The second is the River Arno in Florence and the third is a view of Venice from the Rialto bridge

dragonzim

Here's another at Lake Tahoe. I have TONS of more scenery shots on my PC at home. No more here at work though...

dragonzim

Originally Posted by NM reef
very nice shots dragon....

Thank you! I was a photography major in College and have been lucky enough to do quite a bit of travelling. I'll put some more up tonight. I had a summer a few years ago where I was doing some contract work for IBM that had me travelling to a different state pretty much every weekend. I made it a point to hit at least one state or national park everywhere I went, so I've seen a lot of the great parks in the country. I've been to Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Lake tahoe, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone,Bryce Conyon, Zion and a few others that I cant remember off the top of my head. Those Italy shots were from a trip I took over there 3 years ago. A buddy of mine was getting his Masters in Architecture in Florence and had an apartment there for a year. Couldnt pass up the chance to go there for little more than the cost of airfare!

stephanied

Wow, those photos are amazing. :cheer:
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of camera do you both have? I have a digital Minolta, but would like to upgrade one day.

dragonzim

Believe it or not, those shots were all taken with a 1.3 megapixel Olympus D400. I am looking into getting a Nikon D50 since I have an nikon SLR and a few really good lenses for it but I cant bring myself to spend the money on a new camera right now.