OH my Freaking God

jennythebugg

My 16 year old just told me she was pregnant.
I tried so hard to tell my girls how tough it is being a teenage mom...anyone got some advice cause all i really wanna do is cut his @#$^ off and cry before i hang myself.

tank a holic

too late for all that
My older sister got prego at 16 also, my family all but dis owned her
the only person she had was me, her 13 year old brother
do your self and her a favor, let het know you love her and support her
it took a LOT and i mean A LOT of courage to come and tell you
she's 100 times more scared than you are pissed
on another note......
I'm pretty good at sharpening a knife %%

jackri

Well she's already grounded for the next 18 years (right? make her take some responsibility now) and the other thing you do is love on her and support her.
Also not sure how your just blaming the guy and want to cut his thing off -- last I checked it takes two and it's really hard to blame kids for things we did. It doesn't make it any better but it's time for responsibility now and its not too early getting her to getting a 5 year game plan going. Unfortunately it's time for her to grow up in a hurry. Don't let this break your family.

deejeff442

i would make a point to talk to the boys parents and make sure that side take responsibility.i have a friend she got pregnant at 17.she worked her tail off ,got her collage education in medical field.now her kids (one my god daughter) are 18 and 15.it will be tough to make sure your daughter stays on the right path.there is alot of help out there just need to have her and everyone involved start working at a plan well before the baby is born.
lifes surely not over just going a bit faster than planned.
good luck and stay strong for your little girl.
like said in the other post i am sure she is scared out of her mind.

bang guy

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
http:///forum/post/3193273
My 16 year old just told me she was pregnant.
I tried so hard to tell my girls how tough it is being a teenage mom...anyone got some advice cause all i really wanna do is cut his @#$^ off and cry before i hang myself.
Well grandma, life is going to be tough on both of you for quite some time. She's going to need a lot of your love and support to keep going. Her education also just got a lot more complicated but it's no less important that it was. Do all you can to keep her in school. I'm sure you know better than I but I wish both of you well and you'll be in my thoughts.
Guy

meowzer

WOW.....Just be there for her....Hopefully she will "allow" you to help her and take some good motherly advice.....I know how difficult it is when you try to help a child who "knows everything" and does the opposite of what they should
GOOD LUCK....

dragonzim

Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/post/3193308
i would make a point to talk to the boys parents and make sure that side take responsibility
Absolutely! You definitely need to find out who the guy was and make sure his family knows what is going on. Even if your daughter has no intention of staying with this guy or marrying him when she's old enough he was 50% of the issue as well and he should be responsible for 50% of the costs

reefraff

Bummer.
At 16 you got to do whatever it takes to make sure she graduates or gets a GED or whatever they have in Texas.
You also need to do whatever to get legally binding admission of fatherhood so she can get financial help assuming the two don't plan on getting married.
Don't blame the boy, It takes two to do the twango. THEY made a mistake, THEY need to take responsibility for it.
Good luck and merry Christmas.

bigarn

Is it to late for abortion? Please don't get me wrong if you're against it, and don't turn this into a religous-political debate people. If she would rather not keep the baby there's also adoption. If she's against both of these I wish her good luck and happiness. With a little help from grandma she can do it.

cranberry

I think Jenny needs support, not a debate.
Originally Posted by tank a holic
http:///forum/post/3193277
she's 100 times more scared than you are pissed
Very wise statement.
Sometimes I'm jealous of the girl in high school that got pregnant... her kid is now already grown and out of the house O.O

jennythebugg

got an appointment with the doc to confirm on the 5 th, im just in shock, i have tried to be more progressive than my folks were in hopes of avoiding all of this, and the first thing i told them both was that no one is dropping outthat wont help them or the baby. i asked her if thats what she wanted , i told her she had options she said she knows and shes keeping it .i know it takes 2 ive been in the same situation , funny thing is so was my mom, so was her mom, its like some horrible cycle that keeps repeating itself. i called her dad and he came over no one has told the boys mom yet because she is not a nice person she is actually quite abusive towards him , so i cant wait for her reaction - i may need help with bail . aftert crying all night i realize theres nothing i can do to change it just accept it and have fun being granbugg (thats what im gonna be called i like it)

cranberry

My brother got his girlfriend pregnant. Once mom got over the screaming and crying, she enjoyed being the young grandma on the block. Now my brother is the young grandpa on the block...
and the cycle continues.
Let's hope she has a boy :)

reef_dart21

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
http:///forum/post/3193423
got an appointment with the doc to confirm on the 5 th, im just in shock, i have tried to be more progressive than my folks were in hopes of avoiding all of this, and the first thing i told them both was that no one is dropping outthat wont help them or the baby. i asked her if thats what she wanted , i told her she had options she said she knows and shes keeping it .i know it takes 2 ive been in the same situation , funny thing is so was my mom, so was her mom, its like some horrible cycle that keeps repeating itself. i called her dad and he came over no one has told the boys mom yet because she is not a nice person she is actually quite abusive towards him , so i cant wait for her reaction - i may need help with bail . aftert crying all night i realize theres nothing i can do to change it just accept it and have fun being granbugg (thats what im gonna be called i like it)
I know your gonna be mad when i say this but if you really dont want it, its early enough for an abortion.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Reef_Dart21
http:///forum/post/3193427
I know your gonna be mad when i say this but if you really dont want it, its early enough for an abortion.
Personally....I do not think that is something someone should ever bring up to another person.

mastertech

Originally Posted by Reef_Dart21
http:///forum/post/3193427

SHE SAID HER DAUGTER IS KEEPING IT, thank GOD! Its not grandmas decision. please stop talking about murder.

reef_dart21

Originally Posted by mastertech
http:///forum/post/3193440
SHE SAID HER DAUGTER IS KEEPING IT, thank GOD! Its not grandmas decision. please stop talking about murder.
(thats a harsh word, underlaw the fetus must be , i think, 4 weeks old until its considered a person.)
I dont condone abortion but if i found out my sibling was pregnant and it could potentially harm her then i would. Having a kid at 16 is alot of stress plus the new strains of viruses and bacteria in hospitals.
Of course the kid will keep it, they thinks it basically a new doll and not a living breathing human being that is affected by every action you do. My friend, age 16, was the same way now but now her baby is at the adoption agency because she was caught hitting the baby because it would not "shutup". If not abortion than adoption, 16 is not an age of responsibility.
I say make sure the girl is entirely healthy and 100% capable of giving birth than find a couple whom will adopt it. Again my opinion.