OH MY GOD!!! Grip of DEATH!!

natematzke

Sorry man, for your loss. But I had tears in my eyes after reading this. Although I was thinking about getting a clam but I just added two hippo tangs and a yellow, I dont want this to happen to my fish. Will have to rethink this. I will have a long post on what to stock on top of what I have already PLEASE READ

azfishgal

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
Creepy clam story? got one:
Once bought a clam from the lfs that was all closed up in the bag, and when i released the clam in into my tank and it opened up, a blue chromis opped out! Alive! Still have him he recovered nicely :)
You got a two for one!
What a story.
mujtba, so sorry about your tang, hope he pulls through. Dramatic pictures though.

sprang

Sucks the tang got the worst of it, but thats one heck of a clam! I think he's pretty healthy and active to say the least. Never heard of a captive killer clam. Not pulling fun at all, but that if that clam is eating fish he's probably just doing what he'd do in the wild anyway so you should be kind of amazed you have such a healthy clam which most people don't have anyway!

nigerbang

That is one of the wildest pics I have seen on here..Like said before..I wouldnt have believed that unless I saw it....Sorry for your loss...Thanks for the great pic though.

mujtba

so its 7am.. i checked my tang. it is in the same corner all night behind a rock.. but i saw movement so its still alive.. she was a soldier.. i hope she makes it thru.. unbelievable..
the clams defense mechanism is unrealistic.. such strength in calcium for such a small thing. im amazed and hurt simultaenously...
sigh

dueces

ohh my god...I am amazed at that picture. Was there green hair algea on your clam? My clam sometimes get some GHA on it and my Tang picks at it. WOW

mujtba

no algae on it, just coraline.. but the tang nipped on the clams insides.. almost seemed like the clam plotted to get the tang one day.. this is insane.

mujtba

im at work.. i will know tonight.. but even if its alive, since it was healthy, it may survive few days and then pass away.. hoping it makes it.

baloo6969

for some reason I’m having flashbacks to that Seinfeld episode where George runs over the squirrel, and they "fly in the really tinny instruments" HAHA...
<coughing>I mean, sorry man...hope she pulls through...i know what it's like to lose a little one to a bad clam.

dhav

Sorry for your loss. I know how dear she was to you, and only time will tell now. I will keep your tang in my thoughts and prayers. How is the family holding up? Give my regards to them.
If you ever want to talk to someone, I am here my friend!

You have my condolences

stanlalee

I've seen several pictures of the same thing happening in other peoples tanks and everytime it was a tang.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by dhav
All jokes aside, can we take a moment of silence for our departed.
She's not dead yet, so let's not give up hope. She just might surprise us.
I know.....doesn't look good, but you never know.

wangotango

wow, i couldnt beleive it either. all you hear of is fish doing harm to clams or coral, not the other way around. i wonder what kind of damage that could do on a finger?
-Justin

grumpygils

Originally Posted by azfishgal
She's not dead yet, so let's not give up hope. She just might surprise us.
I know.....doesn't look good, but you never know.

too bad you didn't have a video clip of him stuck in there. It would of been one of the best ever! Hope he makes it!
Mc

mujtba

okay so I got home today and MY TANG IS ALIVE!!!
Not only is she alive, but she is swimming around and even ate food when i fed them!!!
her face looks better too.
U N B E L I E V A B L E turnaround!

I told you guys, she was very healthy!!

The clam has a small tear it seems, but it opened up too and is fine.

now I wonder if the tang knows NOT to go near the clam, or are their memory too short!!!