OH NO Skimmer wont fit?

L

luvtangs

I got a Bak Pak Skimmer today for my 40 gallon. Problem is, my tank is a Via Aqua, sort of like an Eclipse, where the lid is enclosed with filter and lights. There is no room without loosing lights or filter for my skimmer, what to do?? The top is fully enclosed but I need to get a skimmer on there somehow???

L

luvtangs

I talked with my LFS, they said either takeof the part of my lid with built in filter, and get a whole new filter, or no skimmer and change water twice a month. What do you guys think? If I stick with the skimmer, and loose my built-in-lid filter, what filter should I get for a 40 gallon Via Aqua tank???
HELP?

crazyzeus1

Of the little I know, skipping on the skimmer isn't a smart idea if you can get around it. And changing the water is a good idea if you have a skimmer or not...

L

luvtangs

Any advice on what kind of filter to get. I want to keep the skimmer, but my eliminating my lid on the tank, I eliminate the filter. Any suggestions on a filter to get would be awesome!

salsells

i have a fluva 204 works great on my 40 gal and sits on floor and tubes run into tank with no prob for lights or skimmer, have a seaclone filter on outside of tank.

L

luvtangs

My problem is, my top is fully enclosed with the lights and filter, nothing else can go inside without geting rid of my built in filter? I'm stumped! I guess i should go for a filter and loose my one in the lid.

L

luvtangs

Got the Bak Pak up and going.This is my first time with a skimmer, question, is it normal to have alot of bubbles going on inthe tank now. It obviously looks like its stirring up alot more. The tank is not as clear as it was without it. Is that normal?