ok...a used RO unit? Or do I need to hold out for RO/DI

king_neptune

I found a guy selling a used RO unit 20gpd. should i snatch it up? $35. Or keep my eyes open for an RO-DI unit?

mboswell1982

hold off on it dude, your gonna have to get ro/di anyway, so save the 35 bucks an get the ro/di unit when u find one

U

usirchchris

Or you can just mail me 100.00 and use your tap, cause it will most likely be just as good. An RO/DI is going to be more than 100.00 so really I am saving you money with the advice. Your welcome
. Seriously get a reading on your water before you blow a chunk of cash on something you may not even need.

king_neptune

I found one for $30 just now. Its an hours drive away. so 2hour round trip for a 20GPD RO-DI unit. worth it?

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by King_Neptune
http:///forum/post/2938410
I found one for $30 just now. Its an hours drive away. so 2hour round trip for a 20GPD RO-DI unit. worth it?
If you are asking me...I'll take 29.00 for the tap water advice and you don't have to drive anywhere.
Not sure, suppose it would depend on the kind...Brand, How many stages...15 years I have never used one so I don't know much of anything about them except that I have no use for one

pete159

your paying for 2 hours gas...
just go to your LFS or buy a RO/Di unit online....
dont forget......i would sell my 300$ RO/DI, for 30$ to... but thats after my TDS reading was 20.0....ro or ro/di units have filters in each chamber... if your buying a used one, its a sure bet the filters are totally used up, so when you get it, you will just have to buy new filters.
bite the bullet, get a new ro/do unit...

oceansidefish

I agree just order a new one. You can find good deals if you look around. I would find a 90GPD ish size for your size tank. 4 stage should be good, clear housing are also good.

florida joe

A deal is only as good as it is helpful (what ever that means) do you know the TDS in your tap water? How much ro water do you use in a week? The GPD in your bargain unit is low

jpa0741

Trust me you want a larger unit then 20gpd. They never put out what they are rated at. It will take you weeks to fill your tank with that. Look for a 75 gpd unit. As far as the people saying use tap I would disregard those statements IMO. Anybody that puts thousands into their livestock then risks the chance using tap is just plain foolish.

bdhb12

It took a night and half a day to fill my BioCube 29 and thats not including the first 10 or so gallons I threw away Per the instructions. Also take into account your local water pressure.

stanlalee

I just have R.O. and always have. it works fine. three reef tanks and no water related issues. I drink from it too (which is why I dont have the dionizer).

oceansidefish

I have a Spectrapure RO/DI Maxcap 90 GPD unit I got for about 150 onsale online. Could not be happier. I make water only when I am home in the shower in my back bathroom, I run the wasteline into the washer...when it's full I run the load and start all over.

bigal0221

I am not sure what the rules are on information for products but I recently purchased a 6-stage RO-DI 110gpd unit for $130 online with free shipping.

king_neptune

I decided to test the tap water from my house first. before I get an RO/DI unit.
Its straight from The mountian glacier via underground spring and private well. And dad has triple filtration on it. 2 big over kill units in the garage as it comes into the house...one more under the sink as it goes to the drinking spout. It might be that Our house already has a built in RO-DI unit. I personally wouldn't know how to tell, so I guess Ill just have to test it.

}phillyfish>

Hey all !
I just picked up a 100 GPD 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water System with De-Ionized unit on ---- for $115.00 to my door . They guys was great . the ---- name is soumiknight_store. I got a few other things to so I did not have to wait around till the water was done filtering . I have a 20 gallon can on wheels and a bulk head shut off float that shuts the water off after its done filling the can . Worker out nice.
I lucked out my water presher in my house is right arounf 85 PSI.