ok this is super super super weird

mr.clownfish

this is either weird or i dont know something about cleaner shrimp. i have only 2 cleaner shrimp and they are both carrying eggs in there egg growing area. are each one both sexes?
so im going to have like 700 baby shrimp in there? i know that 99.9 percent dont make it to adult age but now i have a 99.8 percent chance yay!!

barracuda1

yeah, shrimp are able to change gender, so if you want to try to raise them, put the egg bearer in an empty tank when the eggs swell to a gray color and wait for them to hatch

cranberry

I have a book here somewhere on raising cleaner shrimp
*digs through pile of books*
This is my shrimp when they pop....

mantisman51

You have just answered a question I hadn't asked yet, Cranberry. About a week after the last batch of LR was put in my tank, my wife pointed out there were dozens of little critters swimming up to the top of the tank and dropping back to the bottom. Those are exactly what the critters in my tank look like. Dang I'm glad the fish are in QT for another 4 weeks. Thanks!

shrimpi

Originally Posted by Mr.clownfish
http:///forum/post/2801273
this is either weird or i dont know something about cleaner shrimp. i have only 2 cleaner shrimp and they are both carrying eggs in there egg growing area. are each one both sexes?
so im going to have like 700 baby shrimp in there? i know that 99.9 percent dont make it to adult age but now i have a 99.8 percent chance yay!!

they could both be carrying unfertilized eggs. Most likely they will be eaten/die.. and I think they usually hatch at night which makes it even harder to keep tabs on whats going on..
but good luck! it never hurts to try to beat the odds

Jess