okay a little help please...

myfrenlikesu

okay bare tank. filled it up with 135gal of ro/di water and dumped in 2 n half bag of salt. its beem mixng for more than a day. water is still cloudy. not sure what the leav of salt is yet. testing unit is in transit. was wonder if its okay todump in m live sand. even though I don't know the leave of the salt.

myfrenlikesu

okay bare tank. filled it up with 135gal of ro/di water and dumped in 2 n half bag of salt. its beem mixng for more than a day. water is still cloudy. not sure what the level of salt is yet. testing unit is in transit. was wonder if its okay todump in m live sand. even though I don't know the level of the salt.

perfectdark

Yea you will be fine... You should put all your sand in and get a decent chunk of your live rock in there all at once. The cloudy water will clear up, before adding anything living test your water. Salinity, amonia, nitrates etc...

salt newbee

I would hold up on adding sand yet, because once the sand is in it is a real bear to mix in large amounts of salt properly. Do you have a garbage can and a powerhead set up yet?

scotts

I will be another one to chime in that NO it is not ok to add the sand yet. Once your salt level is OK, then you can add the sand. One way to look at it is like this. A friend says that he has constructed an environmentally controlled room, he has made his own air for the room, but he is not sure what the oxygen and nitrogen levels are in the room. Would you go in there?

myfrenlikesu

I forgot the brand of the live sand. but it packed in 20lbs bags. I bought 7bag of it. all of my testing supply is coming in few days. so I should just let it mix till I test my water rite?