Oldest fish you have??

xdave

I had a Tomato Clown for about 12 years. At 8 she survived a 2 week power outage in the middle of August and the tank temp was 94. The oldest thing I had was some live rock that had built up around a clam, the entire rock would flip open when it was hungry. It had been in a DT in a store in Hawaii since the early 1950s. It did not survive the power outage.

garnet13aj

This is a cool thread, I'd like to hear more, but since this is the new hobbyist forum most people have not had their fish very long at all, it might be a good idea to move it to the fish discussion part of the board

dogstar

I have a female Lyretail ( Blue Eye ) Anthia that I have had now for 5 years and got it from a guy that had it for 5 years befor that. So its over 10 years old....

aw2x3

11 yr. old Hawaiian Dragon Moray (got her when she was 9) and a Whitemouth Moray, that's aprox. 7 yrs. old. (got him almost 3 years ago).

thefishy

I have a 7 year old brittle star. got him missing all his arms(felt bad) 7 years later he is still kicking)

maelv

Love this forum. Being a newbie, not asking and not having done any real research on this subject, I have always wondered in the back of my mind how long fish live.....
Thanks...keep them coming!!!!

aw2x3

Originally Posted by maelv
Love this forum. Being a newbie, not asking and not having done any real research on this subject, I have always wondered in the back of my mind how long fish live.....
Thanks...keep them coming!!!!
ALOT of species can live up to 25 years and some considerably longer. Life span on Hawaiian Dragons is 30 - 35 years, so biologists/researchers say.