OMG!!! Look at this worm!!

bang guy

It's not a Medusa Worm. I think it's a Eucinid. It wouldn't surprise me if it has been living off of soft corals.

9supratt4

I don't know what it was, but it was FUGLY!! I can pick it up and ship it to someone if they'd like LOL.

kiddsplace1

by chance do you still have the worm??? I might be interested in having it. As for what it is I do believe it is a big fire worm and they only get worse looking as they get bigger
Thanks
Anthony

S

saxman

IMHO, Bang Guy nailed it...it's a Eunicid, AKA "bobbit worm", and they are quite predatory. we have one set up in its own little tank, but you all know Cranberry and her "thing" for critters...

flower

Originally Posted by saxman
http:///forum/post/3220197
IMHO, Bang Guy nailed it...it's a Eunicid, AKA "bobbit worm", and they are quite predatory. we have one set up in its own little tank, but you all know Cranberry and her "thing" for critters...

I don't THINK
the two are the same, one is Okay (Eunicid) and the bobbit is not, it eats coral...I can agree on the fugly part for sure.

cranberry

Bobbit worm is the common name for that type of Eunicid. No, they are not all "ok". The genus Eunicid has way over 100 species.

cam78

Reefaholic, you didn't see this thing at 1ft? Holy crap. I would quit this hobby if that was in my tank. FUGLY!!!!!!!!!!

beaslbob

Google oregon reef worm incident.
He was missing some zoos so looked at the tank at night using a flashlight with a red filter. Saw a monster worm.
Took apart his 800g tank and found the worm hiding and growing in his pvc plumbing. it was 84" long.
IMHO sometimes these things are mistaken for harmless bristle worms when small.

garick

I have a small rock with a worm like that in it. It doesn't look bristly at all it looks like a centipede.. Wonder if I should kill it? lol