OMG my fish has an eye infection!!!!

theonlykc

Ewww I wokeup this morning and looked at my blue tang and 1 of his eyes looks like it as an eye infection! Its pretty bad and ugly! But not the other eye. I've never seen something like that before.
WHAT DO I DO????????????????
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

nicetry

Need a better description; Is the eye cloudy? swollen or "bulged out"?
Describe exactly what you're seeing. Also, post your nitrate levels.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is this a new fish? What are your water readings? I would first suggest doing a water change with well mixed seawater. Try feeding your fish food soaked in garlic juice. See the details in the FAQ Thread about garlic. If things don't improve, your next alternative will be treat this fish with antibiotics. I'm assuming you don't have a quarantine tank?

theonlykc

Originally Posted by Beth
Is this a new fish? What are your water readings? I would first suggest doing a water change with well mixed seawater. Try feeding your fish food soaked in garlic juice. See the details in the FAQ Thread about garlic. If things don't improve, your next alternative will be treat this fish with antibiotics. I'm assuming you don't have a quarantine tank?
no I dont have one of those, yes its a new fish, well its been here for 2 weeks.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like this fish needs treatment with antibiotics. However, you must have a cycled quarantine tank for an antibiotic treatment.
Try doing a water change, and doing heavy feedings with freshly mince garlic soaked food. The garlic procedure is outlined in the FAQ Thread above.