OMG WHITNEY DIED!!!

E

eric b 125

I'm guessing her rep will say it was a fatal combination of prescription anti anxiety meds and sleeping pills. That seems to be the go-to COD for celebrities now a days.

mantisman51

I noticed in her biggest song, "I Will Always Love You", that her voice was was already starting to get really raspy and instead of hitting any of the high notes, she went into falsetto. I told my wife that she was either trying to throw some Etta James in her delivery, or she's smoking something. She admitted a few years back she started using coke when she was recording and shooting The Bodyguard. I was somewhat perplexed at the time that anyone could possibly like her version of that song because she was so raspy and struggling so much just to get the falsetto notes. I'm not great at spotting a drug problem, I just loved her voice in the mid 80's and was shocked at how bad she sounded in Bodyguard, but everyone was saying how great she was.

mantisman51

I hated the subject matter(cheating), but her performance in Saving All My Love is amazing and I could only listen to it in my car alone because it was automatically assumed a guy was homosexual if he liked Whitney Houston back in the day. I also loved I Wanna Dance(With Someone Who Loves Me).

E

eric b 125

^ In the car, windows up, and if someone pulled up next to you, you'd have to stop singing in fear that they were listening to the same station and would know... I like a few songs that are like that

reefraff

I can recognize the talent without selling out and liking it :) I am a rock and blues snob who dabbles in folk
Reef (Still waiting for the Nugent/Baez album) Raff

S

siptang

Regardless of the cause its very unfortunate and we lost an icon in music industry..
She had a great voice and she will be missed.

flower

I liked her acting, she had a good voice...but I didn't like her songs, and I'm sick of hearing the "I will always love you" segment the media has played until I have a headache. My dog howls everytime they play it, I don't blame him. I felt like calling in the media and begging them to play some other song...and then they played it again at the funeral..I turned the channel.
It's always sad when someone dies...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
To me it is just very strange what a media event it becomes when an entertainer dies, including interrupting the news to cover a very lengthy funeral.
What is also odd is that some entertainers death seems to become a presidential event in the news, as opposed to others that only get a 30 second bleep on the news.