One clownfish in my pair died, get a new one?

xan

Hi guys, unfortunately after a filter breakdown and an accidental food mishap, my little boy clownfish died last night as a result. I tried to do a major water change, but just couldn't save him. Now, would I be able to get another small male for my female? When I got my first male, they took right to each other and never left each other's side! Now I'm debating whether to buy another one for her or not, I don't want her to be sad!!!
Any thoughts or suggstions?

janis

Awww sorry to hear that, I have the same dilema now.
Been to our local shop today an they have advised the our little girl will be fine on her own and if we intoduce another there is no guarantee they will pair and will not fight.
Apparently they do fine on their own and it is us humans that like to see them in pairs, I suppose we have watched Finding Nemo too many times.
I am still thinking that I will get another one though as I am an old romantic and I like to believe she is pining for her mate.
Hope someone can advise you better.
Janis

reefnut

You can get another... just makes sure he is quite a bit smaller than the one already in the tank. I introduced a small false perc in a tank with a dominate female and they did not fight. Some will though but getting a smaller one will help with that.