One head of frogspawn does not look like the others, should I remove?

kilofey

I got my branching fs about 2 weeks ago. It fell off its rock a few days ago, now I worry about it getting brown jelly disease. I was fiddleing around in the tank, I caught it but it hit a rock on the way down. Didnt touch sand tho. One head is retracted half way and it had a little white fluff ball on it (just a little one). I sucked it off with a turkey baster and removed it from the tank. Is this the start of bjd? Should I just sacrafice the piece now to be safe? Its 8 heads right now, so if I had to lose one or two, thats better than the whole thing. I may just be overreacting, but reading all this stuff about bjd wiping out all my other corals freaks me out.
IF I do end up having to do some frogspawn surgery, there is 2 heads on one stalk, one looks questionable, the other looks fine. Should I cut the skeleton in half or just cut both heads off cause its on the same branch? The 2 heads dont split, its like an oval shaped head with 2 mouths, if that makes sense.

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilofey http:///t/390956/one-head-of-frogspawn-does-not-look-like-the-others-should-i-remove#post_3464824
IF I do end up having to do some frogspawn surgery, there is 2 heads on one stalk, one looks questionable, the other looks fine. Should I cut the skeleton in half or just cut both heads off cause its on the same branch? The 2 heads dont split, its like an oval shaped head with 2 mouths, if that makes sense.
Yes, that makes sense. They are in the process of splitting.
If you are concerned there is no harm in cutting off the heads in question (don't split up the two connected heads) and gluing them to another rock to see if they can heal.

kilofey

Ill give it a day or so. If it still produces a little piece of fluff and doesnt open fully by tomorrow night, ill cut it off. Whats the best way? Dremel or breaking, ive heard both. I can see an itty bitty piece of the skeleton, but then again my lights just came on like an hour ago. Maybe im just paranoid. I think waiting one more day would be the least stressful thing to do for the coral.

kilofey

I broke it off due to heing lazy lol.... Now... Would it be more beneficial for the fs if I feed it some liquid coral food every other day or would it be better if I left it alond

kilofey

Not sure, its phyotofeast and oyster feast. But I can try to give it some meaty food, if it will help

bang guy

The phyto feast is definately not edible by Frogspawn if it's phytoplankton as the name suggests. Oyster feast sounds like it has potential. Don't try feeling if it's not fully extended though.