One more clown?

foxface88

I've read online about how two clownfish don't always get along, but ive also heard that ocellaris clowns are kind of an expection. I already have 1 ocellaris clown in my tank and wanted to get another, would they do fine together or should i leave the one clown by itself?

ashleigh234

I am looking to get a second Ocellaris as well ... my 1 that I have now is about 1 1/2 inches so still smallish, but I cant get one too much smaller than him ... I have a 3inch Fuzzy Dwarf Lion in the tank as well and I dont want a new one to be lunch! May have to wait for my one to get a little bigger first :)

pete159

i have 2 false perc clowns and they always swim together and never ever show any aggression to each other or anything else in the tank.

btldreef

Originally Posted by FoxFace88
http:///forum/post/3185247
I've read online about how two clownfish don't always get along, but ive also heard that ocellaris clowns are kind of an expection. I already have 1 ocellaris clown in my tank and wanted to get another, would they do fine together or should i leave the one clown by itself?
Well there's a few questions I have for this to be more successful:
1) How long has this clown been by itself and in what size tank?
2) Does your clown host anything (anemone, coral, etc)?
3) How old is this fish?
4) What other fish do you have?
5) How aggressive is the one clown you have?

foxface88

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3185374
Well there's a few questions I have for this to be more successful:
1) How long has this clown been by itself and in what size tank?
2) Does your clown host anything (anemone, coral, etc)?
3) How old is this fish?
4) What other fish do you have?
5) How aggressive is the one clown you have?
Right now i only have 1 ocellaris and 1 coral beauty the clown has been in there for about 1.5. Weeks the tank is 40 gallons. The clown isn't aggressive at all it's pretty much just a FOWLR tank ATM I have 1 BTA that was a hitchhiker on some LR but the clown isn't interested with it right now.

xcali1985

i say go for it. If you have to bag the other clown and move some rock around then reintroduce at the same time. I have 2 and its amazing watching them both host my Sebae. Everyone that comes over sits and watch them playing around with it.

btldreef

Originally Posted by FoxFace88
http:///forum/post/3185567
Right now i only have 1 ocellaris and 1 coral beauty the clown has been in there for about 1.5. Weeks the tank is 40 gallons. The clown isn't aggressive at all it's pretty much just a FOWLR tank ATM I have 1 BTA that was a hitchhiker on some LR but the clown isn't interested with it right now.
You'd be fine to add another clown. Of course, if it's smaller, it'll help, but if it's only been a week or two, it doesn't matter much. Good luck

foxface88

So far so good.. I went ahead and added the second clown last night, The one I added was quite a bit smaller. When I first put him in there it wasn't looking to good i will have to admit. The bigger clown was being really aggressive that big bully. I called the LFS and they said it was most likely trying to show its dominance and they will get over it. He then said that he heard of people turing off the lights to the tank and it helps out, so i did and they stopped fighting turned the lights back on 45 min later and they are best buds now!! Thanks for all the help guys! Here is a few picks of them..

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Ashleigh234
http:///forum/post/3185313
I am looking to get a second Ocellaris as well ... my 1 that I have now is about 1 1/2 inches so still smallish, but I cant get one too much smaller than him ... I have a 3inch Fuzzy Dwarf Lion in the tank as well and I dont want a new one to be lunch! May have to wait for my one to get a little bigger first :)
Your Ocellaris will be lunch for the lion soon; they grow quite fast.