one more thing

jden092901

Could someone please post the levels of my water...im in the cycle and going to buy a test kit in the next day or so... I need some type of cheat sheet...
Thanks so very much,
Josh

renogaw

Originally Posted by jden092901
Could someone please post the levels of my water...im in the cycle and going to buy a test kit in the next day or so... I need some type of cheat sheet...
Thanks so very much,
Josh

um..
how do we know your levels? or are you asking what you should test for?

R

rattler739

Thanks so very much,
Josh
Do you mean what the levels should be at before cycling or what they should be at when your done or what they go though during the cycle?
Before the cycle everything should be at zero (if you use RO water, tap contains nitrates)
During the cycle the amonia spikes when you start, then they nitrites and nitrates go up and then down, and at the end...
When you complete the cycle everything should be at zero (idealy) but the nitrates might stay up a little bit, but dont let it get higher than about 20 or so that is when it starts to become dangerous.
PH needs to be around 8.2 and might change slightly during the cycle
Salinity needs to be around 1.021-1.026 depending if it is a FOWLR or a Reef and shouldnt move during the cycle.
Hope this helps a lot.

jden092901

Thats what i need..but was wondering what the water levels should be..when its ready...like what should your PH,salinity,nitrite, amm, nitrate.. I think amm should be 0, nitrite should be 0, saltinity 1.021-1.026...Just want some average scale..
Thanks again, and again, o and again,
Josh

R

rattler739

Thats what i need..but was wondering what the water levels should be..when its ready...like what should your PH,salinity,nitrite, amm, nitrate.. I think amm should be 0, nitrite should be 0, saltinity 1.021-1.026...Just want some average scale..
Thanks again, and again, o and again,
Josh
Do you mean ready as done with the cycle if so then amm, trites, trates all zero but ph and salinity same as always.

jden092901

Yes, when its done. I dont think my cycle will take long, I was given all the sand and some live rock, and have bought live fiji rock to cycle it. I think i'll put in one raw shrimp to give it a boost and make sure it has cycled up...and thank you again.
Josh