Open Brain Not Looking Good

nbzak

The photo that I will be attaching will show that my open brain, does not look very good. It started 2 days ago with a very light spot. I was thinking maybe it is bleaching though I've never seen it before. Now most of it is whitish.
My parameters are: ph 8.3
amm 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
salin 0.24
my lighting system is a SOLARIS............the brain sits on the sand at the bottom and I've had it for about 3months, it still does it's normal routine of small at nite and full and blown up during the day.
From the picture can anyone suggest what they think might be happening or what I shld try?
Almost all of it is as white as the upper right side now.......
THanks NBZAK

nbzak

salinity is 1.024.......
everything else in the tank is very happy,.......hairy mushrooms, bubble, closed brain,leather etc........

nycbob

from the pic, it looks like its losing its green. as long as its not losing any tissue, and showing skeleton, its good. have u ever fed it? green open brain likes medium light and low flow.

sickboy

Originally Posted by NBZAK
http:///forum/post/2773338
I have tried to feed Mysis, but from what I can tell it does not seem to eat.
Thanks
I don't know a whole lot about them, but I do know that at times my dad's doesn't look so hot but then the next time I'm over it is huge! He also gives it little chunks of silversides.

costa78

I feed my Brain coral some small chunks of krill every week and a half or so. It seems to be happy with that