Operation remove kenya

iyachtuxivm

Ok thinking of removing the kenya off this rock with the monti. Anyone have any suggestions? And can I use superglue? I heard they dont like to be banded.
1. Should I break rock with chisel it could break where monti is?
2. Should I use a razor to cut/scrape the base off?

your best chance would be to break the rock so the kenya tree has no way to grow back. Super glue or rubber band is fine i use both.

mx#28

The kenya trees really can grow back from near nothing. However, it seems like the third or fourth time I peel one off the rocks, the base doesn't grow back. Just an observation from my tank, nothing scientific.
For a larger colony, super-glue seems to sometimes not hold long enough for attachment. I rip them off the rocks by hand and just put them in a bowl of rock rubble with very low flow and they attach pretty quickly.

bpophoto79

I took a kenya off of a rock just by peeling it off, work the edge of the base and pull from there. I was able to peel it all off and relocate the entire tree. from what i've read super glue will not work, the tissue doesn't like it and will shed that bit that the glue is on and detach leaving you with a nice spot of super glue and dead tissue. I rubberband all of my tree frags and they do nicely, just be carefull not to make it too tight, they don't like that. another option is to let the tree sit in the sand for a few days until it attaches to some of the sand and then glue the attached sand bits to the spot you want the tree.