your not allowed to post links to other sites
if you coul describe the lights to us we wil know witch ones they are

scott270

AQUARIUM LIGHT 48" JEBO 260 POWER COMPACT W/ FANS LEGS
---- item #250091870119
Current USA 48" Orbit Extreme 260w Aquarium Strip Light
---- item #260093497121

joncat24

they are both basically the same light except the odyssea will cost about 1/2 as much. in my opinion it is just as good as the current for the money

rbaldino

Originally Posted by backcountr
if you want coarls i would say thata you need a minumin of t5 lighting if not metal halide
I've seen many corals do fine under PC lighting. For God's sake, if PC lights couldn't handle corals, why would anyone make or buy them? And there are certainly a lot of companies making them, and a lot of people buying them. As for T5s, they're really just glorified PCs, so I don't know why people think they're so much better.

joncat24

with that light on a 75 you could keep almost all softies ( shrooms zoos leathers xenia and such) . No clams or sps corals

dragonzim

Originally Posted by rbaldino
I've seen many corals do fine under PC lighting. For God's sake, if PC lights couldn't handle corals, why would anyone make or buy them? And there are certainly a lot of companies making them, and a lot of people buying them. As for T5s, they're really just glorified PCs, so I don't know why people think they're so much better.
T5's have higher PAR ratings so you can run less wattage and get the same or more light than you can with PC's. They are most definitely NOT just glorified PC's.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by DragonZim
T5's have higher PAR ratings so you can run less wattage and get the same or more light than you can with PC's. They are most definitely NOT just glorified PC's.
Are they small diameter flourescent tubes? Yes. Do they offer more watts in the same length tubes? No. They may be a bit more efficient, but they're still just glorified PCs.