opinions on a 75 gal setup that I'm go to pick up on monday

T

texasarrow

Ok I am going to pick up 75 gal setup 2 hrs.away Monday.When I get the tank back in order I want a pair of clowns and a Amemones.
Equipment includes:
Jebo 256 watt power compact light fixture. Includes two 64 watt 10K daylight lamps and two 64 watt .03 actinic lamps.
Not sure if the lights will keep a anemones so can I add more lights or ditch the Jebo and get better lights?What would be the min. I need to keep a anemones?
Sealife Systems wet/dry filter rated for 75 gallon tanks. Hang on tank 600 gph overflow box, spaflex tubing, and Rio 600 gph return pump included.
Coralife Venturi Super Skimmer rated for tanks up to 220 gallons. Runs on Cap 2200 800 gph pump.
Is this wet/dry filter and skimmer ok? Or is there a better brand?I think thats the part That I don't understand is all the name brands of products.I would like any opinions as what I should add or replace.Please give name brands.
Livestock:
Around 75 pounds of live rock. Includes Figi, Tonga branch, and Tonga slab. Many unusual shapes and sizes that have been in the tank for over four years. (I'm going to add more)
Two inch thick sandbed. Very well established.
Caulerpa and Cheato macro algaes.
Serpeant star fish, Conchs, snails and crabs( I want to add a pair of clowns and anemones.

bettym

Can someone please help us?This is my husband who posted and we really could use the advice.TIA!!!! :help:

phixer

Hi folks, sounds like you have plans for an awesome looking set up. Is this your first marine tank?
Your equipment sounds fine and usually isnt the source of failure in this hobby. It is often said that good things happen slowly and bad things quickly in a marine aqarium. The success of the inhabitants you mentioned is predicated on how well you prepare the environment for them.
Not trying to discourage you but please go slow, anemones can be fragile and you dont want to spend that kind of money only to have them die a few weeks later and discourage you from pursuing a great hobby.
I would use the equiptment you have and closely monitor it over the cycling period before introducing the inhabitants. You will get so many opinions about brand names it will make you dizzy. However I would not recommend using a wet dry/ trickle filter with anemones or any other invert mainly because of the elevated nitrate levels they produce, great for FO or FOWLR setups but your anemones will be adversly effected by nitrate. A sump for your particular application would be better IMO.
Start by reading a few of the old posts on how to cycle your tank, there are several ways and if done properly you will be rewarded with a habitat that will flourish. Reading is the first step.