Opinions on my..........................

broncofish

New rock set up. I have shaped like two islands, not sure if I dig it. My wife says it make the tank look kind of empty, but I think it gives the fish more swimming room. What do you guys think

sammystingray

Man, they both look good, but you gots to get those big sponges off the filters.:D :D They sell grey filter sponges that are much more discrete pretty cheap. :D
I am moving in seven days, and I plan on trying for the "two islands and a valley" effect as well.......I'll have to see how I like it as well. The trouble with my 90 gallon is the height, and the base needed to stack to the top. I think I am going to lean the islands on the side glass......not sure yet. Anyway, both look good.....and everything looks healthy which is more important.

D

daniel411

I really like your new setup. Just becareful on how stable the rocks are. Having a few pounds fall and squashing some corals maybe even a fish wouldn't be good.

stumpdog

Bronco-
I like the new set-up a lot. Do you use anything to hold the rocks together or do they fit together well? I may have to give that set-up a try before I start introducing stuff in the tank.
Thanks-
Jeremy

chinnyr

New look much better!You might want to isolate the Xenia because if it takes off like mine has it will go everywhere.I'm moving day after tomorrow and I'm going to make a separate island for the Xenia....that is if I can get all of it off the surrounding rocks!

stacyt

I guess that I'm the oddball here. I think the original setup looked really good. Maybe if you put an arch in as kickster said it would look a little better.

broncofish

I actually have a bunch more rock just sitting in my empty 90g. I want to avoid the arch to keep the Anemones seperate from rest of the corals. They don't really like traveling across the sand. I am planning on pulling all the xenia out and having a xenia refugium.

broncofish

Originally posted by DvSKiN
I'm liking the second one as well. Is that an orange cap back there on the left hand side???

Well it was, well is well. My LFS had a huge power outage and the owner gave me the bubble coral, hammer, and frogspawn for crazy cheap. He also thre in the cap because it was mostly dead with a feater duster living in it. Well now it has come back quite a bit, even with an anemone, xenia and feather dusters living in it.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by broncofish
I want to avoid the arch to keep the Anemones seperate from rest of the corals.

Not even a wee tiny bridge - maybe with a knight standing guard one the other side?? He could ask these questions Three........
1. What is your favorite color......

C

cowbuoy

Definetly the double island looks better - it gives height and visual interest - plus I think it gives the fish a more interesting environment in their 3D world - and more places to potentially call their own