opinions, please! :-)

fishgirl

I just set-up my new 75 gallon tank with 75lbs LR, 3"LS, skimmer, pcs and powerheads. It will have cleaning shrimps and crabs (to order soon), and a little caulerpa.
Once it's established I plan to transfer my 3-1/2" Yellow Tang from my FO tank, add a Flame Angel, and a small Powder-blue Tang. Of course my tangs will go in last.
My dillema is whether to get some feather dusters, red and blue shrooms and yellow polyps (easy stuff since I only have a smartlight pc lamp) or a butterflyfish, since butterflys are not reef safe. I would be very happy with a Fowlr or a "semi-reef", so I'll leave it up to y'all on the BB! What do you think would be more fun: a few easy corals, or a butterflyfish? (my favs are the saddleback or thread-fin.)
Any way I could have the dusters and shrooms AND the butterfly? :rolleyes:

dburr

I think a butterfly would pick at the feathers. My .02, go with feathers, shooms, low light corels. Gorgs, colt, some leathers, ect... Its pretty neat seeing inverts as well as fish in a tank, and more natural. :cool: good luck

dburr

Also I think a flame and tang is plenty for your size tank. Another big fish is asking for a fight. :eek:

fishgirl

thanks - if I keep the butterfly well fed will she do any real damage? And I will have some inverts and plants anyway, just not corals.

mr . salty

Take my word for it,even a well fed butterfly will pick to death anything that even resembles a coral or plantlife.I had one,,,I know this from experience...It is almost as if they cant help themselves.

fishgirl

Hey mr. salty, since you havn't updated your website in a while, would you mind telling me the list of fish you still have in your tank? I love hearing about people's big tanks!
And if I wanted the corals instead of the butterfly, what other kind of fish do y'all think would be fun in this tank that IS reef-safe? Remeber there would be two smallish tangs and a dwarf angel.
Thanks!