Opinions

happyfeet

Hi guys, I'm setting up a reef tank and I'm buying a 55g tank and a stand.
I attached a picture of the stand, because to me it doesn't seem like its strong enough to hold up a fish tank for any extended amount of time. I'd like your opinions on whether it will work or not. It's big so you can see.

meowzer

Worked...OK...the tank that is on it now is not a 55g is it??? Is the stand as wide as the tank????

happyfeet

The thank on it is the 55g that I'm getting, getting a stand and a tank from the same guy.
He says its full right now, he wanted me to take the fish with it, but i said i dont think they would like the salt water going into it.
I know as much as you do about this stand hah. I haven't gone to see it yet because its rather far from me.

U

usirchchris

Should be more than sufficient. I have a 125 on a stand built from 1x material. The stand is very light when moving. You'd be surprised.

oceansidefish

You would be surprised what a little wood can hold....My 120 stand has no center brace and I thought no WAY is that going to be ok.....but hey its all good.

markw

I thought this was Big posting this question. So weird.

Should hold fine. Get a full picture of the tank.
Mark

happyfeet

I have a full picture I only posted a picture of the stand because thats what my question was about. I declined to buy this tank, I found a 55 gal and stand thats very sturdy wood for 10 bucks. Picking it up saturday.
Sorry for posting in the wrong section no idea how my post wound up here.

markw

Woah! Super cheap! Score!

I thought you were Big because you two have the same avatar, not because of the section.
Congrats on the score. Make sure it has a crossbrace on the top of the tank so it doesnt bow once its set up.
Mark

happyfeet

Yeah, I'm hoping this one is good. Only saw a few pictures didn't want to be too pushy since its only ten bucks and comes with loads of freshwater supplies decorations etc.
Just going to relist all that stuff that I don't need.
Someone else has this avatar? doh. I'll change mine then lol!

markw

Yeah. Big has it. i used one of my own photos to keep anyone from having the same one. I cant keep up with all the people on here..let alone what everyones' avatar is.