Opps

chub

I have a 55 FOWLR tank I was cleaning it yesterday and was called away. Today I saw that I had left the egg crate off the top and have 3 fish missing, I found them all died from jumping out. Sixline, basslet and lemonpeel all jumped. All I have left is 2 clowns and a chalk bass. I would like to add 2-3 fish or 2 larger ones flame/cb angel and another larger fish or 1 angel and 2 smaller ones I may want corals someday and ideas would be helpful.
Thanks

woody189

That really blows. Sorry.
You can't add 2 angels to that small tank, they'll fight to the death.
Are you sure your water is fine?? It's a little unusual for 3 fish to jump in one night. I know the eggcrate was off, but still. I think even if you left the eggcrate off for a week, you shouldn't lose all three. Many ppl go topless, and don't lose any fish (although I'm sure they have fish that are "non-jumpers"). IDK about how often your fish jump, but I don't think angels tend to be jumpers. (I could be wrong though).
Something in the water may be off. Check it out to be safe, SG, and all the parameters.
Any of the angels you chose are all good cause they are dwarfs. I like the flame best, but all angels may nip at corals. It's a risk, that most ppl say is hit or miss. But You can look at my poll, and it's more like 70% chance the angel won't eat corals, and 30% it will, according to ppl who responded to my thread...
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=355311

t316

Originally Posted by woody189
http:///forum/post/3064192
It's a little unusual for 3 fish to jump in one night. I know the eggcrate was off, but still. I think even if you left the eggcrate off for a week, you shouldn't lose all three.
Maybe they were playing follow the leader

t316

Or it could have been "Simon Says" and the leader was one of the more mischief tankmates

chub

One was on the end table next to my beer,to bad it wasnt it full. Planning on adding 1 angel and maybe another six line.

t316

Originally Posted by chub
http:///forum/post/3064454
One was on the end table next to my beer,to bad it wasnt it full. Planning on adding 1 angel and maybe another six line.
That's IT
....they saw the beer on the other side

florida joe

Are you sure your water is fine?? It's a little unusual for 3 fish to jump in one night.
In all seriousness woody has a good point

chub

I did test the water and all the readings are in the range that ive always had. I use the info from this forum for the #'s. I'll retest when I get home in a week or so. I told my fish watcher that I was several fish short so dont get alarmed if you cant find them all. I had a couple Blue Gudgeons and a RG jump when I had the egg grate off cleaning the tank a while ago.

woody189

Originally Posted by chub
http:///forum/post/3064937
I did test the water and all the readings are in the range that ive always had. I use the info from this forum for the #'s. I'll retest when I get home in a week or so. I told my fish watcher that I was several fish short so dont get alarmed if you cant find them all. I had a couple Blue Gudgeons and a RG jump when I had the egg grate off cleaning the tank a while ago.
The readings are in the range you've always had, but what are those readings?? It's possible your water was bad the whole time, and you didn't think anything of it because it was never good.
Maybe you were just unlucky.
But post your new test results when you do them anyway.

fishkid13

+1 on the one before the one before this and agreeing with the one before this but not before that but after.

chub

I think this the most recent test numbers amon 0 ph 8.2 ca 340 nitrate 10 nitrite 0 sometimes the nitrite and nitrate #'s are a bit higher

woody189

That all seems fine. The nitrite shouldn't really fluctuate though. should stay at 0. NItrate is okay to not be 0. And your wc's are good
I think there may be some stray voltage or something. I think there's a tool to check.. You should look into that.

chub

I stopped by my house on the way through town and I have lost the rest of my fish but a chromis. I got to leave soon, but It maybe a while before I add (if)fish and I would like to clean up the tank a bit. I would like to remove most of the LR and clean behind it plus remove any yukey stuff I find (snail shells etc) replace the back round clean the sand up there are snails and crabs in the tank. I was thinking on doing a large water change also how long should I wait till add fish if I do so?. I would like to break it down and start over if thats possible