order to add fish

fishfatty

can anyone suggest what order i should put these fish in my tank: ??
-2 Perc. Clowns
-hippo Tang
-yellow Tang
-copperband Butterfly??? (need To Make Sure This Would Be Okay)
-mandarin (last)
-dwarf Angel
thanks!

lion_crazz

what is your tank size and how much live rock will you have?
I cannot tell you an order for introduction until we know your tank can handle these fish.

lion_crazz

That is correct. Mandarins do not eat algae. They need pods. That will not be enough live rock to keep a mandarin alive. My best suggestion if you really want a mandarin is to set-up a refugium to cultivate a pod population outside the tank.
I would also nix one of the tangs, preferably the hippo, as you will have definite fighting if you try to do 2 in that size tank.

lion_crazz

Order of addition:
-clowns
-yellow tang
-dwarf angel
-butterfly
-mandarin
The last three need to be added when the tank is much more mature, closer to 8-12 months established. Both the butterfly and the mandarin will do A LOT better if you add a refuge. It is neccessary for the mandarin for pods, but the butterfly will do better because you can use the fuge for denitrification.

jonny bolt

Too small of a tank for both those Tangs. And 100+ pounds of "aged" live rock (like a year old) is the best way to care for a Mandarin. Those who dont listen and get one anyway usually watch them die. Ofcourse there are exceptions, but please dont listen to the nit-wit at a ***** who will tell you its ok to keep a Mandarin in a small tank with a few pounds of live rock.
The order I would introduce the fish would be something like this....
-2 Perc. Clowns
- either tang, one of the other, but not both.
-copperband Butterfly??? (need To Make Sure This Would Be Okay)
-dwarf Angel

yimmy

I made a huge mistake by getting a fly to soon, he's alive and healthy eats everything but I was just plain lucky I would give the buttefly a lot of time because they will rarely take prepared foods...by the way I have a longnose