ordered some acros online difference in acclimating?

btwk12

like it said got some acro's coming tommorow around 3 pm my question is how should i acclimate them? i usually just temp acclimate my corals then set them in at the bottom and work them to where i want them. but i have never ordered sps online, just bought them locally. so should i drip them for a while? or just do what i normally do?

nycbob

probably too late to help you. i just light acclimate mine whether online or at lfs.

nikesb

i temp acclimate then put them in my styrofoam box with their water and half of my water. then i put in revive and turkey baste after 12 minutes

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeSB http:///forum/thread/385874/ordered-some-acros-online-difference-in-acclimating#post_3387745
i temp acclimate then put them in my styrofoam box with their water and half of my water. then i put in revive and turkey baste after 12 minutes
some times we temp acclimate ours and some times we do do water acclimation where we use a turkey baster and every 15 minutes we add our water to the bag the after an hour we add the coral.
I have no clue what the LFS or online stores run there salinity, Ph.... very well could test but the results may be low do to the absense of light. I want my new corals to acclimate to my H2O as well, not just temp wise........ better safe than sorry.