Ordering fish online

lil_perc

Hi
i was wondering if any of you guys and gals had any luck with ordering fish and inverts (like shrimp) online.
My LFS saw that i had a Doc Fosters and smith and told me that the fish are treated really bad and they thought it was inhumaine the way they shipped there fish. but when i got home and the more i thought about it how does the LFS get there fish? but anyways i was just wondering how any of your orders turned out before i tried anything like it
thanks

clint_reno

My order from SWF.com arrived overnight priority in fine shape. The fish still had their color!! They've acclimated and are a group of happy buggers.
With any new entry to your tank, you have to plan its arrival. And with SWF.com, there is a minimum order, which includes free shipping. You just have to make sure you are home the day it arrives, (and sign) to be eligible for the 6 Day Guarantee.
I am sure many others here can speak on their behalf.
But LFS are cool, too!

goldenboy

I've ordered from a few different online FS. I'm not going to mention any names. I had the best experience with SWF. The free shipping adds up. It's usually worth a couple bucks extra on something here or there to save all that shipping money. Plus I've never had a SWF fish/invert die. (maybe luck) Unless your LFS goes out to the sea themselves, everyone gets there fish/inverts shipped. It's all about acclimation.

elfdoctors

I have ordered fish and invertebrates from both swf.com and the company you mentioned. I have been much more impressed with swf.com. Everything that has been shipped has arrived in good condition from both companies. SWF has always sent everything I ordered where the other company didn't send a fish that I wanted and then cancelled the order even though it was in stock when I ordered it. Their styrofoam containers don't seem as durable either. Mine arrived with some small dents in it.
Practically every LFS has to get their packages shipped also. You can avoid a middleman. I have only dealt with one disease so far and this was an outbreak of ich caused by a fish I purchased from a LFS.
Welcome to the boards!

lil_perc

cool i think ill try it one of these days, it wont be a problem getting the $75 min from here it seems every time i go to the LFS i spend 50-100 bucks :D
thanks for you replies:)