Ordering New Lights Today!

fish addict

I am ordering my new MH lights today!!! I am getting the Current USA Outer Orbit HQI 24 Hour lighting system!
They are a bit more expensive then I would like but I am pretty sure I am getting good quality plus it has everything I want. 150W MH 10,000K HQI 2x65W actinics and built in LED moonlights!

scotty37

What inch? Sounds like a nice setup... Ive been looking for lights for my canopy for weeks now without being able to make a decision

scotty37

I just researched it. I am debating whether the whole system is worth the extra, but right now I am leaning towards yes. Are these MH's? And are the canopy mountable or do they just sit on the tank?

fish addict

Yes they are Metal Halides and I don't have a canopy I am assuming you can hang them from the ceiling or something but you wouldn't want to put it directly on the tank b/c it would heat up the tank and make your temp soar.

phamman

I wish I had seen your post earlier. Unforunately I bought a 48 inch orbit lighting system for my 100 gal. reef tank. The ballasts last just about a year, are expensive and VERYtedious to replace. I am so unhappy with ORBI

fish addict

well actually I hadn't ordered them yet... You made me hesitate and think twice about the price and apparently the not quite as good of quality as I thought of the light. So I put it on hold then took a look on e bay and found 1x250w MH & 2x65w blue fluorescents for $180 it's not a name brand (I don't think) So I got a much better deal!
I can't wait for them to get here! Sadly I am going to have to wait a while b/c I am going to Ohio till from Thurs to Sunday then am going to Colorado wed to sunday. I am going to talk to the local UPS guy (small town) so they will just hold the package for me until I am back. I am so happy!