ordering new tank. need advice

Well, i am ordering a new 110 gal tank this coming up saterday. I need some help trying to figure out where to put the holes. I have seen tanks with holes on the bottom, and then they have those little corner baffles that the water runs over. And i have seen them with the holes on the back pane of the glass. For those that have holes where do you have them, and why. Also why not the other places.
Cant wait for my tank!! its gonna rock!!:jumping:
thanks all for your input

oohh, almost forgot. gonna get a new skimmer too. gots to figure out which one. Only going to have softies and LPS. coupla fish.
:thinking:

amazingray

If you did not order the holes in the tank, it is best not to drill into it. If you mess up, you are out of a tank. The best thing for you to get is a hang-on overflow filtration system. It will hang on the back of your tank. This functions the same way as having the holes drilled in your tank. This will require you to have a wet/dry filter under the tank, which the overflow filter empties into. In the wet dry filter you will need a pump that has a strong enough head to produce the required amount of gph for your size tank. I hope this helps. I use one on my 40 gallon, and works great! If you need help locating one very inexpensively, I bought mine on ---- by pro clear aquatic systems. They are the best for the money so far that I have seen. They will come with everything you will need for your tank size.

In my current setup i use the overflow boxes. I kinda want to get away from them. I am ordering my tank Saterday. He gets them custome built, and they will add the holes for me. Just wondering were to put them. I dont run a wet-dry, but i do run a sum.

thanks for the reply tho. It just seems that i always have a problem with my overflow boxes. I always seem to get an air bubble trapped in the U tube, and it slows down the flow. Do you have that problem?

amazingray

I did have that problem. I haven't had that problem since I moved my tank a month ago. Also, I had two return pumps a few weeks back. Enough circulation for 195 gallons in a 40 gallon breeder. I had the bubbles in the overflow and a lot of girgle. I had my skimmer next to my overflow. Once I separated my return lines, overflow, and skimmer and removed the 125 gallon pump, the problem was solved. I don't know if this would be of any help.