ordering some PH's from SWF.com

bill109

hello to all
i am orfering a PH from this site and wanted the maxijet 1200 but threy dont have them so i was lokin gat the 900 but tht dosent have all the power i need for a 90 gall
they tllyou GPH so what would u reccomend for the rio series of ph?
thanxs i have a 90 gal whci is 4 ft llong and i have a 900 maxijet on one side of the tank
i would like on high power one blowwing on the sand and the 900 i have across the surface

renogaw

the rio's are notorious for breaking down and leaving their oil in fish tanks. aquadreams has the mj1200's

bill109

Originally Posted by renogaw
the rio's are notorious for breaking down and leaving their oil in fish tanks. aquadreams has the mj1200's
yeah and are like 40 bux
these are likewhat 20 $?
i dont like having a million ph's oin the tank but should i buy 2 900s?
i dont know what to do lol
-bill109

bill109

it does 17o gallons per h our while the maxi jt 900 does 230...
so the cheaper one with more gallons oer hour us a better buy
im loking for an equivelent to a mazijet 1200

nicetry

Flow is good, and having 3 900's won't be too much. I run 2 12's and a 9 on my 120, along with the return from the sump. Nice brisk flow. Order 2 900's.

hatessushi

Originally Posted by renogaw
This is not true any more. Some of the older Rio Ph's had problems but not any more. I have a Rio 2100 on my 90 gallon tank, for about a year now with no problems and no noise. I think they are one of the better Ph's now and don't use oil so it can't possibly leak. I also have a Rio 600 on my skimmer with no problems.
However I do have 2 Maxijet 900's and had to have them both replaced after about a month they just stopped working. The company replaced them quickly and I have not had any problems with them since.

seasalt101

my rio works just fine quiet had it for about 4-5 months now and i haven't had to take it apart yet still flows strong 900 gph...tobin

bill109

ok so i have eecided to try RIO
should i go with the rio 1100 UL which does 300 GPH or the rio 1400 where it doed 375 GPH
i was thininj the big 1400 across the sand ans the 90 across the surface.
or will the 1400 be too much and i sh oudl go with the 1100??
thanx
-bill109

seasalt101

go with the biggest one you can afford and just tinker with it till it is right more gph equals more turnover rate if you ever go reef jmo...tobin

bill109

Originally Posted by seasalt101
if you want real good coverage add a spraybar jmo...tobin
a what?
this is what it is
Wave Maker Flo Deflector by Hydor.

sign guy

swf.com dose not sell pc bulbs. as far as flow 1 wave2k dose an exilant job. It realy moves all water by force insted of just pushing a stream of water accross the tank