Organ pipe coral

mushroomss

lol me 2.My buddy isent very adept at fraggin so he is gonna bring over his colony of organ pipe coral over to me today.And we are gonna do about 10 frags.I have fragged many things before but not organ pipe coral so i need a lil info.
bump

trippkid

I have never done the Pipe Organs, but I would probably break or cut using fragging cutters, maybe even a thicker type razor blade would be better. Cut it between the individual tubes, not trying to damage the tubes themselves. These can be hard to keep for length, so I don't know how well they will handle being fragged, but I guess as long as water quality is good and you feed the frags when they perk up, they should be OK, IMO. Is it a healthy colony or one that's on its' way out. Hope this is a little helpful, again it is just what I would do if I was doing the fragging here.
Matt

grumpygils

Originally Posted by mushroomss
Anyone have any advice on fragging this?any info would be appreciated
I use an exacto knife with a square blade. I cut around the 5 or 6 polyps I want and then slowly chisel underneath them until they come off.
Mc

trippkid

They build a hard tube like skeleton, I don't think there should be any "peeling of the base",IMO. Cut between the tubes, they are indiviual polyps. Good luck