OT. But great news.

mandarin w

If you live in the mid-west, you probly heard about the little boy that was kidnapped on last Monday. They have found him.alive and OK. They also found a boy that was kidnapped in Missorri over 4 years ago. he was also found alive. Both boys are being taken to the hospital to be check out. and then they will be going home to their families. I just wanted to share this. It isn't often that a child is found alive and ok after being kiddnapped, Much less being found after such a long time.
Miricals do happen.
Also I you live in the Mid West, batten down the hatches, make sure you have batteries for the battery operated airpump. fuel for your generators, and arrangements for a save place to move your livestock if need be. Another ice storm is headed our way. and you know what that means. NO POWER at least that is the way things have been going for us the last few storms. Try to prepare as best you can.
Good Luck to all.

azfishgal

Oh thank heaven those boys are all right. Nice to get some good news about stories like that.
I'm so glad I don't live out there. I never have to deal with stuff like that. A few power outages during the summer with our electrical storms, but it's never for very long (at least not for me). Of course I say that now, but watch, since this is my first saltwater tank this summer will be the big "blackout".

garnet13aj

I JUST read an article about those boys, that's amazing that they found them. I can't imagine what is going through those kid's minds, especially the one that has been gone for 4 years. I'm sure he's going to need some major counciling, he was probably brainwashed if he wasn't trying to escape.

mandarin w

That is what I am thinking, after 4 plus years of abuse, I don't think that young man will ever be able to get his life back. It breaks my heart to think of all that he has in front of him. He and his family will really need to be strong. They have a long road ahead of them.

lovethesea

You truely must believe in miracles after this. They were found a few miles from us. The events that lead up to this were unbelievable. If it were not for the police not finding their original person, they would not have happend upon the person that pointed out the white truck. I can't imagine looking for one child.........finding him.......and then looking at another individual in the room and wondering who in the heck he is.........only to find out he is a child that has been missing for 4 years and 3 months.
I hope that ALL of these families make a ton of money especially Shawns (the child that has been missing so long) because they are going to need it.
And what about the kid that just happened to see this speeding white truck.......if it weren't for him, I know we would not even been this far.
This will defienetly be an interesting story to follow.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by azfishgal
I'm so glad I don't live out there. I never have to deal with stuff like that. ".

why????? This guy looks as normal as the day is long. Don't be fooled that it can't happen to your or in your neighborhood. The town the boys are in are very "sleepy" little towns with hard working individuals living in it.
The town they were found in is a VERY upscale area that he just happend to be able to rent an appartment in.
And he started in Utah

mandarin w

This guy looked just like the guy you see the the supper market. He was the manager of the pizza shop for 15years.
Don't fool yourself into thinking it can't and wont happen anywhere. This area is your basis storybook town. everyone know everyone. Neighbors watch out for each other. Heck we don't even have to lock our doors at night. I've live where I am at for 18years, coming here from Cal. I couldn't believe how quiet these town are. But since the invention of the car, these creeps can go into any town, and snatch a kid. and be gone before the police get to the location.
It is by blessed grace that I never had to experience the pain these families have had to go thru. and I pray none of us ever will.
One good note, One less child molester is on the streets tonight.

jw23

I could not believe it when I say that they were found to day, especially shawn who was missing since 2002.

mandarin w

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Oh thank heaven those boys are all right. Nice to get some good news about stories like that.
I'm so glad I don't live out there. I never have to deal with stuff like that. A few power outages during the summer with our electrical storms, but it's never for very long (at least not for me). Of course I say that now, but watch, since this is my first saltwater tank this summer will be the big "blackout".

I know what you meant by "I 'm so glad I don't live out there, I never have to deal with stuff like that."
They are refereing to the ice storms that are moving into the area tonight. I wish we didn't have to deal with them either. I hate driveing in this stuff.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by lovethesea
why????? This guy looks as normal as the day is long. Don't be fooled that it can't happen to your or in your neighborhood. The town the boys are in are very "sleepy" little towns with hard working individuals living in it.
The town they were found in is a VERY upscale area that he just happend to be able to rent an appartment in.
And he started in Utah
Thanks Mandarin for clarifying, yes, I was talking about the ice storms. I would NEVER say such a thing about the whole crime thing. I live in the Phoenix area, we certainly have our share of horrible things happening like that. Sorry I didn't make myself more clear.