OT - computer case modification.

richard rendos

I have been working on this one for a month or so now...ordering all the parts for it. Well...I still have a little more work to do, but here is what I have done so far. I just put it together today.
Full view.

Front panel. Knobs are fan controllers, and switches are for cold cathode lights.

Here is inside...

And here it is glowing...

The specs are:
Cube server case with MB on one side and drives on the other.
Asus A7N8X M/B deluxe with 4 USB 2.0, 2 Firewire, 2 NIC's, built-in Geforce Sound.
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ CPU.
1 GB memory.
Asus GeForce 4 Ti4200 video card with 128MB Ram.
LeadTek TV tuner card with PVR.
1 IBM 80 GB hard drive 7200 RPM, 1 Maxtor 20 GB 7200 RPM.
16X DVD drive, 52X24X52 CD-RW. Floppy.
4 fan controller...with fan speed adjustment and LED's.
1 120mm fan, 2 90 mm fans, and 2 80mm fans on power supply.
Raidmax 420 watt power supply.
18" Flat Panel LCD screen.
Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse.
Speakers w/sub woofer.
Cable modem and 4 port router with firewall.

richard rendos

I have had the three cold cathodes for a little over a year now. I got them when I modded my last case, but got tired of it...so I upgraded. I haven't had a problem with them yet.

O

ohioballer

I would disagree i had an antec power suppy but i like my enermax alot better 400Watts

richard rendos

I did the plexi glass window myself along with 2 fan ducts. One in front that you can see and one on the drive side not pictured. I need to work on the cabling a little, but other than that, I think I and about done...maybe a window in the top?!...hmmm
It never stops. Reef tanks and case mods are addictive.

timsedwards

hey have a look at this site here in the UK, just for some ideas:
www.coolcasemods.com
BTW just to share my specs:
P4 2.2Ghz
512 DDR Ram
256MB DDR GForce Fx Graphics
40gb HDD
5.1 live Sound
32x12x48 CDRW
DVD Drive
5.1 Speaker and Sub setup
Microsoft Wireless Pro Desktop
In case you wondered, I play Flightsim2002 all the time (my second love with SWF!), hence the super-dooper graphics etc!
Tim.

melissa v.

If you still need parts( my hubby builds computers for a living at home) he gets alot of his parts at www.computergeeks.com, really really cheap prices.
just thought i would throw that in (if any of your guys are interested in upgrading etc...):D
GOOD LOOKING SYSTEM RICHARD.
Melissa V.

entice59

sweet looking system you got there. ASUS delux mother boards really kick @$$, i got one from a recommendation from slothy and i am very happy. I heard you cant really overclock it though...

richard rendos

I don't really care about overclocking anyway.
I have been to and ordered stuff for computergeeks.com...pretty good site. I have found some with better selection, but a good site all the same. Thanks for the comments.

melissa v.

Originally posted by Richard Rendos
I don't really care about overclocking anyway.
I have been to and ordered stuff for computergeeks.com...pretty good site. I have found some with better selection, but a good site all the same. Thanks for the comments.

Yes my hubby has found some with a better selection as well,and better priced but computergeeks was more reputable, and very eager to please the customer and they would price match any that you found on the internet. good luck;)
Melissa V.