OT: cruise to alaska

aarone

Im going on a cruise to alaska for my graduation present, and i was wondering if anyone out there had any past experiences out there they would like to share. Anyone know about the underwater wildlife? Im going snorkeling (gonna be freezing!) and i was just trying to learn about some underwater wildlife so i can post some pics. Thanx

aarone

definatly. Oh i also get to go in a semi submersible boat, with a diver that goes around and shows us different things, and a marine biologist on board to explain all the different life forms. Im gonna be in heaven!:D
Many pictures will be in a post, you can be assured of that!

col

Im going on a cruise to alaska for my graduation present
WOW aarone, you are lucky.
My parents got me a job as a present :D

hawk70

I lived in Alaska for 7 years before moving back to the Chicago area. I don't know alot about diving and checking out fish in Alaska. Although I do know alot about catching them and eating them. If you are going to have a chance to jump on land in Dutch Harbor (unalaska) or Anchorage, I can tell you all of the places to see. Feel free to drop me an e-mail.... mghank@comcast.net

tangman99

Congratulations! My wife and I took a 7 day Alaska cruise and 7 day land tour for our honeymoon. Of all the places we have been, that is the only one that we want to repeat.
There was not much in the way of underwater adventure, but we did almost everything else. Float plane rides, helicopters out to the glaciers, many hikes and all kinds of other stuff.
One of the things that I remember enjoying the most was taking the catermeran (sp) out to see the whales. They were spectacular. We also went rafting through the bald eagle preserve.
You will have the time of your life. Don't miss out on the shore excursions. They get you closest to seeing Alaska like it should be seen.