OT: Dallas chewed me up and spit me out...again.

cprdnick

Well I'm back from my suicide trip to Houston. It is late Thursday night right now. Left from Amarillo at 9pm on Wednesday. Once again I missed my exit to I-45 south on I-30 in the metroplex and somehow didn't realize it and made it to Garland, which was fine, except that I was going the wrong direction. So after 30 minutes of back tracking (no map for some reason) we got to 45 south and then just like last time, like clock work, once we got to Huntsville it started getting wet outside. It must be a rainy day ritual for atleast one Texan to slide into the bar-ditch, because there were tons of idiots in the mud. Needless to say our 4 wheel drive, winch, tow chains and spotlights got well used for about an hour early this morning. I'm gonna have to invest in one of those dashmount GPS things, cuz I got severely turned around in Houston.
HATS OFF TO THE BIG CITY GUYS AND GALS, THOSE HIGHWAYS AND INTERCHANGES SUCK.

aarone

LOL I gotta deal with em every day! driving to dallas is the worst on 30 at about 5-630 on a friday :nope:

cprdnick

I'll bet. Last time I got lost on 30 it was 7:00 in the morning. I wanted to start shooting at people.

kreach

Downtown Dallas and downtown Fort Worth are places I avoid going at all costs... I hate having to get on the interstates and the one way streets....

cprdnick

Yeah, I wanted to try the shortcut that got me lost in Ft.Worth last time, so I did, only this time I stuck to a semi-trucks back end the whole way and figured out why I had gotten lost the last time.

wrassecal

Great, I've got to go to Houston on Monday. I have 5 business calls to make. I've never been there, but I've heard if they add any more loops they're going to rename it Saturn.:eek:

cprdnick

Lol, well Houston wasn't as bad as DFW, but it was bad, the traffic sucks pretty much anytime of the day in Houston though. It's so bad that they have signs every mile or so saying how much time it'll take you to get down town. All I have to say is read every sign on the road or you'll miss your exit. It's not like it is here and in Norman. They don't give you warning before your exit comes up.