OT: Found in backyard, what is IT????!

dburr

I was outside draining the ditch I dug after the rain today and saw this THING swiming.
It swims like a snake or eel. It was swiming toward the water like it's aquatic and has to be in it. It's about 6" long and maybe 2 or 3 mm thick. It's head is smaller than the body and it looks like it has a hook or something for a mouth.

dburr

I gonna have nightmares about that thing crawling around my insides. To think I was diggin in that pit.... I hope their wasn't any more in their. (music of twighlight zone in the back ground).

jarvis

sounds like a roundworm. To big to be a hookworm. I wouldn't worry about to much unless (A) you picked it up and ate it. (B)were shoveling with bare feet. Or (C)stuck your wiener in the water:p

leigh

actually i do mow my lawn all the time barefooted (no, it's not a big gas mower--we're talking one of those small mechanical push mowers)...no more of that after seeing that beast!

the claw

It looks like what's called a hair snake. It's not really a snake, but I don't have my Zoology book here to give you an exact ID. I used to find them in the irrigation ditch and bring them home to put in the horse watering trough. I'm sure my mother still loves me.:D

greatwit

i think its a parasite of insects. i smashed a cricket one time and threw it in the toliet. after a second i saw one of those guys swim out of the cricket corpse. lets just say i flushed pretty fast after that.

shep

we have those things at work in water puddles and they are fun to dig out of the water and watch go nuts on the hot concrete...don't know what they are but want touch them

i bet if u taped it to your leg and went to the supermarket all the ladies will be real friendly..lol, that thing is freaky looking

the claw

Kewl, at least I learned something from terrorizing the neighborhood, and pawing around through the horse trough. Thanks for the ID.

wwfstyle

Originally posted by jarvis
sounds like a roundworm. To big to be a hookworm. I wouldn't worry about to much unless (A) you picked it up and ate it. (B)were shoveling with bare feet. Or (C)stuck your wiener in the water:p

LOL, LMAO