OT: How to kill crawfish ?

leboeuf

I have a creek bed that runs behind my house. Every heavy rain I find crawfish dens in my yard. Big unsightly mounds of dirt coming out of my well groomed grass. I have asked at home depot, lowes, called into pest control talk radio and nothing. I have poured gas down the hole, sprinkled cayanne pepper with jalapeno juice, even taped black cats to a coat hanger and stuff and blow and I can't get rid of them!!!! There has to be a logical way to make them uncomfortable in my yard and move on or killing them ALL would be better.
Any suggestions?

T

toungetwster

Start a good sized camp fire with a very large pot of boiling water....add some cayanne pepper....worchestershire sauce.... Watch them get escared and run for the creek!!!

B

bambalamb

Wish I could help ya but the first 2 replies sound good to me!:)

kev

Sorry... You'll prolly never get rid of them... Mine as well get used to em! My neighbor has had the same problem for years and years. :D

leboeuf

for all you joksters out there, thanks for nothn'.......as usual Broomer was the only one with the intellect to resolve this problem......Kev, check out the post in Reef section for a link, there is ALWAYS a way if there is desire!

pufferfan

Heres a suggestion, How about stop trying to kill innocent creatures that have done absolutely nothing to you. Big deal if they leave mounds of dirt, they have as much of a right to be there as you do.

leboeuf

as soon as these innocent creatures start contibuting to the property taxes then they can stay. Until such time they seek gainful employement, they will parish at my will.......got it puffboy! LOL

offshore80

Yeah, I got that going on here too.. I also live on a creek that goes to the Chesapeake bay... Except I have not only crayfish in the yard... I have fiddler crabs in the garage and on the driveway.. Along with turtles digging up the yard to bury their eggs... Not to mention Otters eating up all my hose's at night so in the morning I find them stretched out on the dock. I've given up on nature... They were here long before I and it was my decision to be on the water... They win. Errr, ahh, well, I still would love to find a way to kill those damn voles & moles. :eek:

reeferdude

I would look at chemical warfare!!!!!! Try everything from acid to boiling water!!!! But make sure it wont kill your grass. Also you might try the old WD-40 and a lighter trick. You might think about running someme really fine chicken wire between your house and the creek if possible.

pufferfan

Originally posted by LeBoeuf
as soon as these innocent creatures start contibuting to the property taxes then they can stay. Until such time they seek gainful employement, they will parish at my will.......got it puffboy! LOL

Puffboy???? :p

Hey Offshore... My exwife has 6 cats. She's always complaining about the piles of dead mice and voles in the back yard. I say, better dead in the backyard than alive in the pantry.
It usually turns ugly after that, but hey, that's why the "ex" :)

offshore80

Hey what a coincidence.
My wife has 6 x cats at my in-laws down the street... Cuz our Jack Russell (NITRO) wanted them for a tasty treat! I wouldn't mind having one just for mole & vol patrol.

D

daniel411

If you put a blindfold on, you won't see them! Instantly they're gone! That will be $19.95 now... will accept visa

waterdog

A friend of mine got peices of pure carbide, placed them in gopher holes, and poured water in them and attached a fuse to the dirt mound. this produces acetylene gas. When he lit the fuse he got rid of the gophers and also created an interesting pattern of ditches from which to set up his sprinkler system. Might not get rid of the crawfish, but it would be fun to watch:D