OT, Humidity in the house

finland

This post is more to vent , then for info. I am sure there has to be people out there that can relate. Since winter began, moisture has been a problem in my house. I am getting condensation on everything cool. Windows, outside door hinges, door handles, etc. Anything that gets cooled off from the outside. Now my furnace took a crap, and it cost $375 to get it fixed. The furnace guy said was caused by corrosion, most likely from all the fish tanks. In fact he said he never seen a furnace corrode like that. I guess it is my own fault. When my dehumidifier died in the fall, I should have replaced it right away. Never had the problem with the FW tanks(2-75 gal), but with the 150 gal salt tank, 35 gal refugium, and 25 gal sump, all with no glass tops, moisture has been a problem. I guess I better take steps to get rid of the moisture. Any one else having problems. I would have to guess Bang with your 900 gal refugium has a little humidity!:)

I wish I could get that problem!!!
Here in Colorado it is dry as a bone! I have 2 setups and run a humidifier and can't get indoor humidity above 15-20%rH.

bang guy

I have no trouble with humidity in the Winter. My problem comes in Summer. My refuge is mostly covered and it's vented to the outside in summer. A small aluminum fan blows the air outside.