OT: New Car!

kreach

This is so completely and totally off topic, but I got a new car yesterday and I'm too excited about it not to share. We weren't planning on getting me a new car until January, but my husband surprised me by getting it early. 2004 Mustang convertible... fully loaded. :cool:

melissa v.

nice car, i have a mustang convertable as well, (mine is a gt though with a v8 engine) don't you just love how your insurance just goes through the roof, thank god you didn't choose red or black, insurance is higher on those two colors on mustangs.
congratulations.
Melissa V.

lovethesea

pretty.... I like the way you have your radar det. up already.
You must have plans later. :D great hubby too.

kreach

Originally posted by melissa v.
nice car, i have a mustang convertable as well, (mine is a gt though with a v8 engine) don't you just love how your insurance just goes through the roof, thank god you didn't choose red or black, insurance is higher on those two colors on mustangs.
congratulations.
Melissa V.

Actually, I was surprised... my insurance only went up about $30 a month... and it should go down in a couple months after I turn 25. Granted, $30 a month works out to $360 a year, but still... I had expected it to go up more than that. And yeah, I didn't get red or black for that very reason... that and red is a cop magnet.

kreach

Originally posted by nicky1.8t
nice car . imo i would have gotten a cobra 390hp 390 tq:D

If we could have afforded a cobra, that's what I would have! :D

kreach

Originally posted by lovethesea
pretty.... I like the way you have your radar det. up already.
You must have plans later. :D great hubby too.

With the way the cops around here, a radar dectector is a must if you have a sports car! :D
And yeah, my hubby is awsome!

kreach

Originally posted by FranknBerry
really nice. Love the curves....
oh - and the car's nice too......;) :D

D

daniel411

Originally posted by nicky1.8t
nice car . imo i would have gotten a cobra 390hp 390 tq:D

Shoot...don't we all wish we would have bought the first new remake of the cobra R's! Dang... haveing one of them and Ford paying you back the difference between that and a "regular" priced mustang!!! All due to a "couple" horsepower exageration in advertisements!
{Don't quote me, but it was some heck of a deal Ford had to pay out by advertising that it had more hp than it did}

D

daniel411

Originally posted by kreach
Actually, I was surprised... my insurance only went up about $30 a month... and it should go down in a couple months after I turn 25. Granted, $30 a month works out to $360 a year, but still... I had expected it to go up more than that. And yeah, I didn't get red or black for that very reason... that and red is a cop magnet.

I'd sell an aquarium to have insurance that cheap!!!!!! And I've NEVER had a speeding ticket ;)

melissa v.

Originally posted by kreach

Mine doubled that, the v8 is what made mine so high, and red is not a cop magnet, a mustang in general is a COP MAGNET, they watch for those things, just got mine last november, (mine is white) hubby hasn't had a ticket in 14 years, well guess what he got this summer, yep you gussed it, a ticket, on a tiny piece of road that is 35 and he was doing 45 , no kidding the piece of road is less than a mile long then it changes to 45, and today we were at the same road and what should we see but a cop doing at least 50 on the 35mph part, my husband starts screaming SEE, SEE, WHO'S GOING TO GIVE HIM A TICKET. :D :D
enjoy yours.
Melissa v.

aarone

Originally posted by FranknBerry
really nice. Love the curves....
oh - and the car's nice too......;) :D

I was thikin the same thing!:D
aaron

naturelover

Originally posted by melissa v.
hubby hasn't had a ticket in 14 years, well guess what he got this summer, yep you gussed it, a ticket
Melissa v.

My wife is been driving over 25yrs and haven't had ticket/accidents or anything. She drives like maniac on her mustang. I have been here only 5 yrs and had a ticket doing over 90mph on 65mph (on toyota :D) , fishtailed mustang but haven't got ticket on it yet. It is hard with stick shift in rainy days when you take a curve in 40mph that suppose to be only 15mph. :D