OT Ryebread new your help ASAP.

spyderreef

I have a Olympus Camedia C-2000Z. I put my card in my SmartMedia card reader and double clicked to open. In the window there was a file that said something like Move and rename. I double clicked to open and their was nothing in it. I closed it and then put it back in my camera. No pictures. Any idea what may have happened? I know that there were pictures on it. Is there a program that could retrieve the last pics on it? I won't do anything until I hear from you.

overanalyzer

reboot and try inserting your media again and see what happens then ..... seriously - this happened with my old samsung quickpix .....

ryebread

You may first want to clean the little gold contacts on the Smart Media card with a cue-tip and some rubbing alcohol.
If you have any compressed air......try to blow out the memory card compartment where the media card slides in. Don't turn the compressed air sideways or upside down because you will blow liquid oxygen into the camera..........not devistating but, not great.
Is there any way that you put the pics into a new folder or reformatted the card? Didn't put a lock on the photos did you?
When you put the card into the reader and right-click on the drive containing the card, click on properties and see if there is any space taken up on the card.
When all else fails.......try to reboot and see if anything works. ;)

spyderreef

I didn't do anything that I haven't done before, or at least that I know of. It says that I have 61.5 MB available. This time when I put the card in I see the normal two folders. One says 100OLYMP and the other DCIM. The first time I put the card in I only saw one folder that said move and rename. I double clicked to open. When I saw nothing I closed it and tried again. I did not move anything I only took the card out and put it in the camera to look at the pics and there was nothing there. I will try cleaning it and try again but I fear that my pictures are gone.

ryebread

If it says that there is 61.5mb available......I fear you lost them too. :( Wonder what happened. Are you sure that you didn't transfer the pics somewhere on the computer?
Unfortunately I see this happen sometimes at work. Usually a way to prevent such things is to reformat the card every now and then. Sorry to hear. :(

spyderreef

RyeBread,
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. We just moved our office and I lost all of the remodel pictures. Could be worse. I was hoping that there was a way to retrieve the information, like on a computer. :(