OT Spellcheck

Guess we don't need Spellcheck!
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
amzanig huh?:D

S

sinner's girl

yep, I read this on another board yesterday. I had no problem reading it.

birdy

That is too funny, I guess I will stop giving my husband such a hard time about his terrible spelling.

aarone

read what it says. Its not a mistake. he doesnt really need spell check if thats what you are intending.

cindyski

i got that one somewhere else too, my daughters loved it! (teenagers) i had no problem reading it :)

squidd

It's an interesting Parlor Trick/Optical Illusion/Brain Test...
But poor spelling/grammar is quite a distraction for the transfer of information/ideas in this the "Information Age"
My children all learned with the "Rite too Reed" system taught in schools these days... The "Teachers" all said "Let them be, after they get the basic concepts then they can learn proper spelling and grammer..."
They Never Did.
Maybe I'm just OLD School...:D
:cool:

aarone

lol maybe so. I learned to read the good old fashioned way. By nuns with rulers correcting my every mistake! lol just kiddin, hooked on phonics worked for me.

michaeltx

it kinda get usta to it when your on boards all the time you learn what people are trying to say by what the words look like LOL
interesting though.
Mike

jp0379

Squid, my kids (3 of 'em!) learned that way, too. In Pre-K, they were allowed to spell "write" as "rite", ect........and now they are in 4th and 3rd, and spell better than I do. Of course, I also credit that to my wife and I working with them.
As for being "Old School", trust me, STAY that way. Nowadays when a kid doesn't bring a book home and fails every class they blame it on the teacher. When I was young, if I failed a test because I didn't study, I wanted to go LIVE with the teacher rather than face my parents! I'm a cop, and if we find drugs in a kids locker, the FIRST thing many parents ask is what right we had to look in their locker. If that had happened to me when I was young, I would have just asked the cops to lock me up and throw away the key! 'Course, thats the old days, when people accepted responsibilty for their actions. Take it from me, those days are LONG gone!

saltyj

I did not even realize that the words were misspelled until about the fifth word. Maybe that is because I am a genius though. J/K

Originally posted by Scotts
That's pretty cool. Must have been hard to type though.
Scott

It wasn't hard for ME to type... got it in an email. cut and paste:D