other fish for tank

wilson717

I need some ideas as what to add to my 29 gal reef tank. I want one or two more fish then I will be done.

I have:
2 perc clowns
3 blue /green chromis
1 pepermint shrimp
1 emerald crab
clean up crew
I am considering: :thinking:
royal gramma
wrasses
What would be other ideas or thoughts on what I can do?
Thanks

halo_frk03

those chromis get pretty big... so u might wanna get rid of em if u wanna maximize ur options
but i voted for a royal gramma cuz i had one and it was awesome, great colors, and awesome to watch

halo_frk03

i had a royal with clowns and a firefish... firefish are really peaceful and skittish fish and my gramma got along great with all of them
the meanest he would get was when someone got close to his cave and he would open his mouth really big (cool to watch) he wouldnt bite or attack ever
such a beautiful fish
it all depends on the individual fish

halo_frk03

Originally Posted by bill109
go for a 4line wrasse. if you like the sixline then go with the sixline.
i always thought the wrasses needed a bigger tank... at my lfs there is a sixline in the display and he swims all over the tank

halo_frk03

how long has ur tank been setup?
if i were you. i would stick with the fish you have and really start to develop the reef to make it look real nice

wilson717

i started in july 2006. i have started reef see poto. i have some zoos to attach to LR and will be getting some more coral from my favorite vendor (my brother's web site)

30-xtra high

i think with the fish you have now, and the soon to be corals, you probly can't add anything else, i think you should get rid of the chromis, and get a royal gramma

alyssia

Originally Posted by HaLo_Frk03
i always thought the wrasses needed a bigger tank... at my lfs there is a sixline in the display and he swims all over the tank

I agree. Alot of people put sixlines in small tanks, but I had one in my 75 and he was all over the place, all the time.

ophiura

Originally Posted by HaLo_Frk03
how long has ur tank been setup?
if i were you. i would stick with the fish you have and really start to develop the reef to make it look real nice

THis is my answer as well. IMO you have more than enough fish, especially if you intend to go reef.

aztec reef

Originally Posted by alyssia
I agree. Alot of people put sixlines in small tanks, but I had one in my 75 and he was all over the place, all the time.
so is mine. maybe cause they're active fish. i had mine for more than a year in my 29g. yea he likes to swim. Ime they do pretty good in small tanks 20-50.specially with low bioload.

aztec reef

with a 29g small tank ,imo i would'nt keep more than 3 fish. in a reef. when i got my 29gtank i decided to keep a low bioload cause i wanted a reef. so i could keep my water quality at optimun for sps dominated reef.