Our country's monitary system is in its last gasps.

king_neptune

I'm not asking much....just watch some interesting documentaries in youtube format and form your own opinion.
http://inflation.us/videos.html
I would just like to see people prepare themselves before they go to a grocery store and bread is $500 a loaf.
I'm a college student and I scrape $200 a month out of my income to buy as many 1oz. silver as I can in preparation for when it soars past $200+ an oz. and I cant touch it.
Right now its $27, last year it was $8
Its artificially kept low by the banks, but the world's governments and elite are buying precious metals at an alarming rate.
Do it now before its too late, EVERYONE can do at least silver...if not gold. You owe it to your families to be able to feed them when your paper money isn't even fit to wipe with.
And its going to be ugly, the markets tried to reset itself in 03 after the .com bubble broke, they forced it back up artificially, it tried again in 08 and they printed money. The government has been kicking the can down the road for too long. Even now, the feds want to print another 600billion. That's imaginary money folks, its not creating jobs...its a temp boon for wall street pigs who will profit so THEY can prepare for the coming storm. By the time it trickles down on us, we will feel the effects of the coming inflation. It will still be be a couple years...but too late. Even now, look at your grocery bill, its gone up in the last year. Its such a small amount of purchases that you don't notice, but its there. :(

slice

I've been fretting over this for some time now.
I don't know if I should increase investment with today's dollars and hope it won't be returned in worthless dollars or to spend it now while it still has some value.
I cannot understand what I view as the idiocy of the reserve's policies.
Maybe this administration really does not want to bring down our entire system, but if they did, this is exactly how one would do it.

stdreb27

Just got me an over under those can't break. And plenty of shells, I'll be able to hunt and trade the pelts in for more shells. a country boy will survive...

stdreb27

The beautiful thing is the robustness of our economy. And quite frankly bernake will be gone before his 2014 term (assuming republican control government... as long as they get an inflation hawk in there then we'll be ok...

stdreb27

Just for some perspective look at the economic number's with FDR & carter... We're not there quite yet...

fishtaco

Dude, I have a fully stocked survival back-pack for sale for a sweet deal but the shipping would probably be terrible since it weighs so much.
Fishtaco

reefraff

I.m set. I have the guns to hunt for meat and those to keep what I shoot. One trip to the Bison range and two shots will provide my block with meat for 2 or 3 months. One retired cop, one retired prison warden and lil ol me, we aint taking crap after the Opocalypse

mantisman51

As long as we have politicians putting off the inevitable, this thing is going to drag on and get worse. The politicians of both parties have used our taxes to prop up businesses that should have gone bankrupt and closed their doors. We are not going to see the failure of our country, but we will see the destruction of the dollar. There won't be any greater social disruption than we saw with the Great Depression. But where business was left to sink or swim then, politicians are now spending trillions to save them now. It won't be enough, they can't tax us enough. I'm all for a well armed citizenry, but let's keep the weapons in the safe for now. When big business is finally allowed to collapse (as it should have been done 2 years ago), there will be a lot of job losses and economic displacement, but the ship will eventually correct itself. It's either that or a totalitarian government takes over to impose economic stability. In that case all the guns in the hands of private citizens won't make too much difference.

reefraff

I need a bigger safe LOL!
It's just like the depression. The new deal did more to prolong it than end it. Those government make work jobs helped those who were hired but what about the millions who weren't?
The reason GM and Crapsler were bailed out is the unions. There isn't any way in hell GM wouldn't have been bought up and reformed out of the Bankruptcy and probably the other too but they probably wouldn't have been unionized and we can't have that.

king_neptune

They can offset this destructive pattern sadly by shooting the interest rates past 20%, but even if they did that...it might be too late.Gold shot up $100 an oz the day after I posted this. SIlver reached a 30 year high. Yes, for all you smart people out there who are big in the stock market. Consider changing everything to gold and silver. And dont trust your gold until its actually in your hands. There is murmors about the banks selling more gold stocks than they really have in posetion. Its in one of those videos I linked you to. They had a guy on record in the courtroom "They wont ask for it all, its never happened"

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Neptune http:///forum/thread/381730/our-country-s-monitary-system-is-in-its-last-gasps#post_3327691
They can offset this destructive pattern sadly by shooting the interest rates past 20%, but even if they did that...it might be too late.Gold shot up $100 an oz the day after I posted this. SIlver reached a 30 year high. Yes, for all you smart people out there who are big in the stock market. Consider changing everything to gold and silver. And dont trust your gold until its actually in your hands. There is murmors about the banks selling more gold stocks than they really have in posetion. Its in one of those videos I linked you to. They had a guy on record in the courtroom "They wont ask for it all, its never happened"
My last stock purchase was a week ago, GE and CHK. one's up 3.5 percent and the other nearly 7 percent. That's in a week. Two weeks ago I bought UPL at just over 41 a share. Closed today just above 48. I'll hang in the market.

reefraff

If sugar hits 25 bucks a pound, and I said it before, lead and brass is all that will matter. Dow whatever thousand doesn't matter. Market goes up I can make money, market goes down I can make money. While I do have some investments most of my efforts are trading stock short term.

spanko

Plus when buying selling coins no need for SS numbers, 1099's etc. so no tracking by the feds.