Out with the chlorine..

watson3

We are looking into getting a pool in our back yard, and was talking to the local pool contractors. He was asking about the fish tanks, and their filtration..When I told him they were saltwater he mentioned that the new thing in pools was out with the chlorine, in with the salt..Anyone heard of this..

agent-x

yes, my aunt and uncle out in Hawaii just did this. The main reason they did this is that chlorine turns my aunts hair funny colors. It's not like saltwater you'd fine in the ocean. it's more like saline solution and it actually feels good on your eyes.

watson3

Originally Posted by AGENT-X
yes, my aunt and uncle out in Hawaii just did this. The main reason they did this is that chlorine turns my aunts hair funny colors. It's not like saltwater you'd fine in the ocean. it's more like saline solution and it actually feels good on your eyes.
Great..Always like to be first on the block, so I may give this more thought...

watson3

Originally Posted by AGENT-X
At least you won't have to jackhammer through lava rock to instal yours

windmill

You're the republican watson, why are you asking someone "why get something?"
That sounds like a great idea though. I've always hated the chlorine smell and feel after a day at a pool, and what happens to your eyes if you open them too much underwater. Nasty. Do you still have to adjust the PH?

watson3

Originally Posted by windmill

You are my new favorite

agent-x

Originally Posted by watson3
Why would you get a pool in Hawaii...
becuse they live on the big island and one of thee beaches is like an hour away, and they love to swim and be in the water, so they had a pool put it.

agent-x

Originally Posted by windmill
That sounds like a great idea though. I've always hated the chlorine smell and feel after a day at a pool, and what happens to your eyes if you open them too much underwater. Nasty. Do you still have to adjust the PH?
not sure what all they have to do. all I know is it's nice.

hot883

You use salt in the pool and the filter/pump electro charges the salt water crossing over plates and it creates chlorine. Mine could not keep up with the demand so I just add chlorine.

lovethesea

a freind of ours has this. They love it. They just dump these packets of salt into the filter and they are good to go.