Out with the Hayabusa

crypt keeper

Many know I own a gorgeous 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa. My true love is cars and in general Ford mustang 5.0 Notchbacks or Coupes. I had a 93 back in 2003 and have been through manys cars since but that car has always held a special spot in my heart. I made the choice today to place the bike up for sale and buy one of these cars again. I have big plans for it once I get it. Buildt motor and all that good stuff. probably hopefully have about 500Hp at the motor and have fun with it.
This what the car looks like and one Im actually trying to buy.

and another one very clean cars. Hard to fine in this shape.

runn3rb3an

yea she told me it was. IMO I like the 05 and newer mustangs, the new body style. If I were to get an older model Id go way back to like 62 hatchback or something like that. Those are nicee. The stangs ur looking at look nice to though, both look super clean. I like the orange one.
How much did u put into ur busa BTW if u dnt mind me asking.

meowzer

Yeah V6 was enough for me...I got it in 2005, when they first changed the style....I have seen the 2010....I WILL NOT look closer...LOL.....I love this car...have no plans on getting rid of it for while wither

reefraff

The 5 liter parts are so cheap that era mustang will be a great investment. I had an 83 GT that was stock which was OK. In the early 90's I got a deal on a 79 that had some extras done to the motor and had been lowered. It was a few different shades of primer so while not a true sleeper I did surprise a couple people with that car. One in particular was a vette that still had the dealer plates on it.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by runn3rb3an
http:///forum/post/3083338
yea she told me it was. IMO I like the 05 and newer mustangs, the new body style. If I were to get an older model Id go way back to like 62 hatchback or something like that. Those are nicee. The stangs ur looking at look nice to though, both look super clean. I like the orange one.
I have about $2500 in aftermarket parts.
I want $10500. They are about $13,000 new and this color is desirable

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3083345
The 5 liter parts are so cheap that era mustang will be a great investment. I had an 83 GT that was stock which was OK. In the early 90's I got a deal on a 79 that had some extras done to the motor and had been lowered. It was a few different shades of primer so while not a true sleeper I did surprise a couple people with that car. One in particular was a vette that still had the dealer plates on it.
So very true. I like to turn my own wrenches on things I can. I also know a alot about these cars from my past one. It would be another money pit but Id keep the car for life if possible. I just love that long tube off road X pipe 5.0 sound. Its such a gorgeous souding car when done correct.

runn3rb3an

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3083345
sounds nice
I love mustangs. do you have any pics? not to pollute this thread so u can use the Coolest Car thread if you want. unless you did already?

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3083354
sounds nice
I love mustangs. do you have any pics? not to pollute this thread so u can use the Coolest Car thread if you want. unless you did already?
I might have some pics of the 79 laying around somewhere. I got it from my buddies bank on a repo deal. He put a bid in not thinking he had any chance at it so be bought a different car. Few days later they called to notify him he was the only bidder. 650.00. Looked like it was originally one of the Indy Pace cars. Least it had the front air dam and rear spoiler like they did. Had the tires and rims off the 90/91 GT's. I figures the rims and induction system were worth 650 at that time.

tangman99

Hate to see get rid of the bike man. Funny you mention wanting a mustang. I've never liked them being a Camero, Trans Am and Corvette guy but there was one that I did like and I actually saw one today for the first time in many years. An early 1970's mach 1.
Very hard to get money out of Add-on parts as I'm sure you know. Most of the guys I know put the stock parts back on sell the aftermarket parts on the auction site. I've know several people lately that have parted their complete bikes out because they could get more money. Good luck with your venture.

mantisman51

I think your finger was a tad off. 65 was the first model year for the Mustang. Some states have started to register the pre-July models as 64 1/2 but originally they all started as 65's.

reefraff

Originally Posted by TangMan99
http:///forum/post/3083425
Hate to see get rid of the bike man. Funny you mention wanting a mustang. I've never liked them being a Camero, Trans Am and Corvette guy but there was one that I did like and I actually saw one today for the first time in many years. An early 1970's mach 1.
Very hard to get money out of Add-on parts as I'm sure you know. Most of the guys I know put the stock parts back on sell the aftermarket parts on the auction site. I've know several people lately that have parted their complete bikes out because they could get more money. Good luck with your venture.

I hated those back in the day but now I think they look pretty cool
Saw one a few days ago in Cobra colors, blue with the with stripe. Nice.

it's chuck

It's about damn time!
Very nice; clean notches are very hard to find. That is about the same color I want to eventually paint the 93. As far as them be cheap to mod I am trying to get my 93 (finishing up a 4banger to 5.0 swap in) to run 10's for $1500

it's chuck

64 1/2 was the first year for the mustangs, most people think of the 67-70 model years when they think of the classic stangs

crypt keeper

well I will have you know Mr. Chuck I decided to send my bike off to Bob Carpenter and have his head cam package installed. 211.8 RWHP on my Hayabusa. On pump gas. I should have it back in about two weeks. On Race gas it will put down another 8 hp for almost 220. Most cars have 200 at the motor and weigh 3000 pounds. My bike has about 265hp at the motor and weighs 535.
Those two guys cars sold before I sold my bike so I kept it.

pontius

Originally Posted by TangMan99
http:///forum/post/3083425

my father-in-law has a 1969 Mach I that looks like that except it is fire engine red. It's an awesome car.
he also has a 1996 GT convertible that he restored to new condition. he restored and sold a 1989 5.0 convertible that I liked a lot better than the 1996.
he also has a 1958 Thunderbird that I've never actually seen without the tarp pulled over it. it's got the big tailfins and all that crap though.
but yeah, I plan on owning that red Mustang someday.

fishtaco

I don't blame you a bit for wanting one of those Mustang's. One of my neighbor's has a ex-cop car Mustang that is the body style you want and it is a fast car. Here is a pic of my wife's little pony, she really needs something else with all wheel drive for winter and better MPG would be nice too, but even 9 years later she is still in love with her car and says she will never get rid of it.
Fishtaco