Over Crowded Tank?

wrongmove

I am finally getting to the point when I can safely add new fish on a more regular basis. My tank has been up and running for about 2 months with a bunch of inverts ( blueleg hermits, snails and emerald crabs) and 2 Perc. Clowns. I am adding a Yellow Watchman Goby now and in a couple weeks would like to add maybe 2 or 3 Bangii Cardinals. After those are in at about the 4 month point I would like to add a Flame Angel and that will complete my tank. I am wondering if that is too many fish for a 29gallon tank? If so do you guys have any other suggestions on additions to my tank instead of the fish I mentioned above. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

team2jndd

I wouldnt do all the cardinals. Mine is about 4 inches long now so I think space might be an issue. The watchman is great if you have a secure top because mine has ended up in the refugium before. I wouldnt focus on fish for a tank your size as much as I would with inverts and corals. I think youll be okay if you only go with one maybe two cardinals. Get a male and female because two males will fight in a tank your size. You will need alot of rock work also.

wrongmove

I will only do 2 cardinals then if that is the best if not then I will do none. As far as the Flame goes that and the Coral Beauty have been the most recomended fish for my tank (one or the other). Are you saying that neither would be happy in my tank as far as dwarf angels go? If that is the case do you have any recomendations as to a nice show piece fish for my tank? Also thanks for the help.

alyssia

Originally Posted by WrongMove
I will only do 2 cardinals then if that is the best if not then I will do none. As far as the Flame goes that and the Coral Beauty have been the most recomended fish for my tank (one or the other). Are you saying that neither would be happy in my tank as far as dwarf angels go? If that is the case do you have any recomendations as to a nice show piece fish for my tank? Also thanks for the help.

I've just read that dwarf angels shouldn't be kept in a tank smaller than 45 gallons. IDK though, I would get the opinions of some people who have angles in smaller tanks.

rara12

a flame back or pygmy angel would be better in a 29 then a flame, but the flame wont mind to much if theres alot of LR imo. For another center fish i recomend a flasher wrasse or a basslet

mcsd22

I would do the flame but not any cardnials. The flame will be much happier if you have a little tunnel in your live rock that he can hide in. Also a cleaner shrimp make a nice piece. The other fish will love him and they are very comicial to watch. I have a 46 and have only 6 fish. 2 perc clowns, 2 pajama cardnials, blue tang and a flame. I believe I am maxed out for fish and the only reason they are doing well is my back pac skimmer alond with a fluval canaster. How much live rock do you have and what is your filtration system?