overflow box

u mike

i need to know what is better to use silcone or pvc cement.
coming off the overflow box is a bulkhead,I want to attach a 1" piece of pvc to this. then i can attach the hose to run down to the sump.Should the pvc be siliconed or use the cement.

2quills

The bulkhead is pvc...there are 2 ways to do it if you want to use flexible tubing. You could buy a pvc fitting that fits into the bulkead and buy some flexible pvc pipe (same size) and glue it all together with pvc glue (use primer too).
Or you could buy the right size hose barb fitting and glue one into the bulkead and plug some flexible hose onto that and clamp it.
Not so sure I would clamp a hose strait to the pipe but I guess it would work. I'd still opt for getting the proper hose barbed fitting since this is what they're made for. But yes, use pvc glue and primer.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by 2Quills
http:///forum/post/3292725
The bulkhead is pvc...there are 2 ways to do it if you want to use flexible tubing. You could buy a pvc fitting that fits into the bulkead and buy some flexible pvc pipe (same size) and glue it all together with pvc glue (use primer too).
Or you could buy the right size hose barb fitting and glue one into the bulkead and plug some flexible hose onto that and clamp it.
Not so sure I would clamp a hose strait to the pipe but I guess it would work. I'd still opt for getting the proper hose barbed fitting since this is what they're made for. But yes, use pvc glue and primer.