Overflow is slow-leaking - Fix it or leave it be?

wahoowa

So I had a fast overflow leak when I originally set my tank up. I tore everything down today to fix it and it seemed ok until I hooked my pipe up that has the outlet heads that let the water flow into the tank. When I did that, I guess I jiggled something a tiny bit loose again, and now there is a slow leak at my "outlet gasket". When I say slow leak, I mean maybe 3 or 4 drops a minute. The drops are landing directly in my sump though, so I was wondering if I should be worried about this getting worse, or if it would be ok to let it go, since its not really leaking on my stand or hurting anything.

cameronladd

Can you get a picture of where the leaking is coming from? Is it the hose itself, the fitting, or the seal between the hose and fitting?

wahoowa

I'll get a pic tomorrow. The best way I can describe it is that my pipe fits down into the hole. I then screw a big "nut" up against the bottom of the glass in order to tighten the seal to the inside of the glass. The water is dripping off of the piece that my return hose would fit into - but the water is on the outside of the piece, which makes me believe that there is a small leak in the seal, causing the water to very slowly leak out. I hope that helps...

mie

That would be the bulkhead. Your seal is bad, pinched, or your nut is not tight enough.