Overflow question

jake15

I have a 29 dirlled with a 1 inch drain and a 3/4 inch bulkhead for my return. I have a mag3 for the return pump.
I have 1 inch pipe going down but i was wondering what size i should use for the return 3/4 or 1/2 ?
Thanks Jake

jake15

If i did this would there be no problem with overflowing of the tank and could i run the pump wide open?

jake15

Not sure what head means. I would like to use the mag three if possible. I know a mag 7 would be much better but the only pumps i have is a mag 3 and mag 12 and money is kinda tight at the time. So if i go with the mag 3 what size pipe do i use for the return?

squidd

Still use the 3/4" line...to get Max flow out of smaller pump...
And then it's set for when you can get the next size up...(5 would work, 7 would be better and still work with you overflow)

jake15

Ok what kind of fitting can i use for like a quick disconect for above my pump when i want to switch it.

sign guy

you will just have to go to home depot and check out what they have
head is the amount of gph you loose going straight up IE my mag 9 on my 46 is only pumping around 600 gph cuz it has to go 4 ft up

jake15

How could i do that? I have a durso pipe for a 1 inch bulk head but i do not have the tank drilled for that and i already have my pvc glued. Here is my setup

jake15

help quickly, i would like to get to the hardware store before it closes so i can fix this problem.

squidd

Originally Posted by Jake15
How could i do that? I have a durso pipe for a 1 inch bulk head but i do not have the tank drilled for that and i already have my pvc glued. Here is my setup

I have a 29 dirlled with a 1 inch drain
Why won't it fit..??

squidd

Not neccessarily...
How far down the back is it drilled..?
Check the Durso site for thru the back installation options...

jake15

all theirs seems like they are at the Top of the tank. Mine is low in the back. And it also looks like they dont have an overflow. I have an overflow and as stated before its close to the bottom. Also my drain is bent up at a 90 degree angle. could i do this?
Normal 1 inch T fitting with cap and hole in the cap?